Non-trip report in Pompano Beach FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who was the Dive boat operator and name of the dive shop ?
How is this helpful for me to avoid a bad operator, if you won't say who they are?

Gangways, 45ft and a 34ft boat sounds like SFDHQ.

Corroded wiring on the 34ft boat, I wonder how that happened? :stirpot:
:gas:

Yes, based upon the description, it pretty much has to be SFDHQ. In full disclosure, I have never used them. I also have never suggested anyone should or should not use them. For personal reasons, I have simply chosen not to do business with them.

Since I am not from outside S. Florida, I had to google what SFDHQ is, so this information can be useful to me. I expect to do extensive diving and Tech Training in Pompano next year and based on this report it will not be with SFDHQ.
Thank You.

SFDHQ = South Florida Diving Headquarters. They have an operation in Pompano as well as Boynton. I've used their Boynton operation and been pleased with it.

Since I am not from outside S. Florida, I had to google what SFDHQ is, so this information can be useful to me. I expect to do extensive diving and Tech Training in Pompano next year and based on this report it will not be with SFDHQ.
Thank You.

Your available charters for technical diving in Pompano are quite limited with the closure of Pompano Dive Center. If you aren't going to dive with SFDHQ, your only other options are ScubaTyme or Aqua Life. It's really a shame because Pompano has so many wrecks, many of them excellent for technical diving.

So….what did they do that was so terrible that people would avoid them? I’m not getting it from what was written here. They had a mechanical problem and offered a choice to either get a refund or dive from the larger boat. I totally understand the OP calling the dive, I might have called it (I don’t like change) but is this enough to dump on the operator?

Your available charters for technical diving in Pompano are quite limited with the closure of Pompano Dive Center. If you aren't going to dive with SFDHQ, your only other options are ScubaTyme or Aqua Life. It's really a shame because Pompano has so many wrecks, many of them excellent for technical diving.
I am aware of the wrecks that I would like to hit in and around Pompano next year (Miller Lite, Lowrence, RJB, Chris Corey, Lady Luck, Newtown Creek, etc.). I am not aware of any of the dive boat operators. But, as a general rule when I see a negative review that is enough for me to avoid that vendor. After all, how would I feel if I went anyway despite and negative review and had a negative experience or even worse? Why take the chance.

Scratch SFDHQ off my list.

SFDHQ bought ScubaTyme. They used to dock right next to one another but SFDHQ moved ScubaTyme to Boynton.

So….what did they do that was so terrible that people would avoid them? I’m not getting it from what was written here. They had a mechanical problem and offered a choice to either get a refund or dive from the larger boat. I totally understand the OP calling the dive, I might have called it (I don’t like change) but is this enough to dump on the operator?
Last August the Safari Diver sank when they did a stern tie up to a wreck. Bunch of divers on board at the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom