Non-Leaking Dump Valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving Dave

Reaction score
My BC dump valve leaks water back in. It's either happening when I let air out and there's water bubbling in, or if I'm pulling the cord a little longer than necessary and water just sort of oozes into an empty BC. Do all dump valves do this? I thought they were supposed to be one-way.

Thanks,
David

Yes they all do this. Any one of the reasons you listed could cause it to happen. Now, if your BC is completely full of water at the end of the dive you might have a problem. But a cup or so is normal. Remembering to empty this water after each dive will cut down on the water at the end of the day.

Having a lot of water in your BC is one more reason why I think pull dumps are not that great. If you use your inflator hose....you can see when the bubbles stop coming out of the BC. If you contunue to keep it open then water will rush in. When using the inflator hose....you can usually hear the air moving because it is going right past your left ear. If you hold your inflater so the mouthpiece is not pointing straight up and hold it kind of like a dry snorkel you may notice a lot less moisture in the bc.

I am new compared to a lot of these guys so I would like to hear comments from the more experience to see if I am doing it wrong.

Back
Top Bottom