Drysuit dump valve leak underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

etaolon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a mares drysuit which dump valve probably leaks only under water pressure. For air inflation drysuit test is totally OK.

But I dont know what is the original brand of this OEM dump valve, I saw the Xdeep SEAL drysuit is using the same one.

mares dumpvalve.jpg
SEAL dumpvalve.jpg

Don't know (this replaces my previous worthless comment).
Could you replace it with a different brand, such as SI-Tech or Apeks?

Seems the hole diammeter is different with apeks and sitech.

Do you dive with it fully open? If so, have you tried closing it a few clicks. The Apeks low profile dump value is known to leak when dived full open. Closing it a few clicks stops the leaking. You might try that if you haven’t.

Do you dive with it fully open? If so, have you tried closing it a few clicks. The Apeks low profile dump value is known to leak when dived full open. Closing it a few clicks stops the leaking. You might try that if you haven’t.
Yes, I have tried. So this brand has same issue with apeks low profile.

To the best of my knowledge, dry suit valves are either Si-Tech or Apeks, some times rebranded to fit the brand of the dry suit they're fitted on. Some have even minor cosmetic modifications.

My guess would be that yours is an Apeks one. If I've guessed correctly, this video should help you. It's very well explained, clear and it helped me a lot to fix my Apeks inflation valve, which got loose some time ago.

For your air test, did you reverse the suit and have it inside out? If not, that could be why you did not see the leak, using air.

For your air test, did you reverse the suit and have it inside out? If not, that could be why you did not see the leak, using air.
It is not easy to reverse, the boots, the wrist and you have to install the inflation valve reverse as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom