non-drift dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SmileMon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi,

I know its a weird question but I'm a newbie so its allowed.. :D

Anyone knows of any non-drift dives in/around Fort Lauderdale and 50 miles radius?
I'm aware of the ocean current, but thought to ask anyway, perhaps I'm missing something..

Operators in the area? any other information? if there are other options in 100 miles radius I'm open to suggestions but I don't want to get there too tired or maybe plan a weekend there.

My first two dives were at the red sea (8 years ago) and I really enjoyed the idea of crystal clear visibility and that I'm not moving anywhere without finning.

No pool jokes please.. :D

Thanks!

Pull out your yellow pages and start making phone calls. There are lots of wreck dives in the area. Don't rule out float dives, they are excellent and usually easier. Nobody drift dives anymore.

SmileMon:
Hi,

I know its a weird question but I'm a newbie so its allowed.. :D

Anyone knows of any non-drift dives in/around Fort Lauderdale and 50 miles radius?
I'm aware of the ocean current, but thought to ask anyway, perhaps I'm missing something..

Operators in the area? any other information? if there are other options in 100 miles radius I'm open to suggestions but I don't want to get there too tired or maybe plan a weekend there.

My first two dives were at the red sea (8 years ago) and I really enjoyed the idea of crystal clear visibility and that I'm not moving anywhere without finning.

No pool jokes please.. :D

Thanks!
Commercial Pier in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea is a decent beach dive. Don't forget to tow a diver-down flag. Enjoy!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom