Non Diving in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You now don't have to leave Bangkok to dive - well, diving an aquarium that is.
The new Siam Ocean World now offers diving with Sharks and rays. I did that early this month, and logged as one of those weird experiences - maximum depth 4-5m, 18 raggedtooth sharks, 4-5 leopard sharks, 10+ eagle eays, giant 1.5m grouper etc.

And your wife and kids can watch you while you do it, without getting on a boat!

Go Chinatown for good seafood. Just avoid the sharkfin soup shops/stalls.
An alternative to the weekend market is the Suam Lum Night Bazaar, almost as good as the Jatujak market, but open every evening, much cooler, less packed. It's right here in the city and easily accessed via the subway.

How much of a no-no are boats? If your wife can stand a ferry across the river, there's a little island called Koh Kret (Kred) in the middle of the river up near the airport. The cool thing about this place is that they make pottery there. Just about every little house has a kiln attached to it, and the old men sit in front of the houses carving filligree designs in wet clay pots before firing them. In additon, there's an important wat on the island.

Muay Thai is fun. Chiang Mai is great. Trekking in the north. Kanchanaburi is great. Markets are fun. Massages are great. The islands of course are fun.

Quero:
How much of a no-no are boats?

am not sure actually as she's saying she wants to for a dinner on a boat or something...as long it's not a dive boat and i'm not diving i guess it's ok

note to self: thai massage :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom