Non Diving in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stevenl:
What area in Thailand are you lookig at, the Adaman Sea or the Gulf? Your choice will have a major influence on both the diving and the non-diving activities.

bangkok actually...and non diving :-(

jonix:
i know...that's what i'm afraid of hehehe

anything else you could suggest? food/places to visit maybe
I'd suggest investing a few bucks into a guidebook. There's lots to do there, from visiting Asia's largest zoo, the crocodile farm, Grand Palace, Jim Thompson's house, wats, weekend market, floating market, to visitng the ladyboy strip joints.

MoonWrasse:
I'd suggest investing a few bucks into a guidebook. There's lots to do there, from visiting Asia's largest zoo, the crocodile farm, Grand Palace, Jim Thompson's house, wats, weekend market, floating market, to visitng the ladyboy strip joints.

zoo's would be cool for my kid...wats? what's that?

wife's afraid of riding anything that floats on water

strip joints? nah...bored of that

does the lonely planet guide do any justice to the better (non diving) activities we can do there?

jonix:
zoo's would be cool for my kid...wats? what's that?
Your kid would like the zoo.

Wats are Thai temples - very ornate, very important in the social and cultural life of 90% of Thas. A must see IMO.
wife's afraid of riding anything that floats on water

strip joints? nah...bored of that
You've never seen a ladyboy :)
does the lonely planet guide do any justice to the better (non diving) activities we can do there?
Yes.

MoonWrasse:
Your kid would like the zoo.

Wats are Thai temples - very ornate, very important in the social and cultural life of 90% of Thas. A must see IMO.

You've never seen a ladyboy :)

Yes.

Wats...i will

ladyboy....not my cup of tea (maybe if you remove the boy part that would be better) hehehehe

thanks bro...please do suggest anything from food/places/markets ...am still warming up, just doing a short list at the moment. last time i was there i got stuck buying yonex things at the trade center hehehe

getting the guide too

Back
Top Bottom