Nok Air offers 5kg more to divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just saw an ad in a Thai travel magazine - Nok Air is now offering an extra 5kg baggage allowance to divers travelling from Bangkok to Phuket - that's 20 kg per person (most low cost airlines allow 15kg). I can't find anything on Nok Air's website about this deal but I thought I'd share the info.

Vie:
I just saw an ad in a Thai travel magazine - Nok Air is now offering an extra 5kg baggage allowance to divers travelling from Bangkok to Phuket - that's 20 kg per person (most low cost airlines allow 15kg).

I'm packing my bags now for Phuket via Singapore on Air Asia, but I won't get anywhere near the allowance, for both the checked bag and hand bag. I'll be way over. Anyone know how serious they are about these weights, especially for the hand bag? Do they easily allow it, if you pay for the overage (50 baht per kg)? My checked bag is close to 15kg, but my handbag is also close to 15kg (they allow 7, I think).

In Thailand, they never bother to check the carryon much as long as it does not look way way too big. When I go diving, I have my camera backpack and my laptop carrying bag weight about 20kg easily and never have any problem. This was on Thai Airways and Phuket Air though. In Asia, people usually tend to do a lot of last minute shopping in airport, especially duty free if it is international flight so most people tend to carry one or two extra bags.

Back
Top Bottom