Noisy M1 seconds- too hot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm currently using an Apeks first, not a big piston fan. Upping IP will be my next move. Cheers.
That may do it, I usually run 135 IP and don’t have any issues. My new darling first is the Zeagle flathead VI because they are so heavy they really help with my heavy leg thing. The ZX seconds are pretty nice, have an FH 8 second coming in a day or two, it has the seat saver like the Atomic so I’ll have a reason to open it up and see what’s what.

For the local water I’m now a diaphragm fan for the weight, I have two T Atomics for travel.

Ok, lever dropped, set G250 way, IP now 145, primary 1.1", back up 1.4". See how I go in the morning. Thanks for all the assistance, much appreciated. I'll post back tomorrow with results. Cheers.

That may do it, I usually run 135 IP and don’t have any issues. My new darling first is the Zeagle flathead VI because they are so heavy they really help with my heavy leg thing. The ZX seconds are pretty nice, have an FH 8 second coming in a day or two, it has the seat saver like the Atomic so I’ll have a reason to open it up and see what’s what.

For the local water I’m now a diaphragm fan for the weight, I have two T Atomics for travel.

I have 3 FSR first stages, two I converted to unsealed for use with my unbalanced conshelfs. They are tiny once environ seal is removed.

8CA6E66D-CAAD-463C-8CA2-480A9E996569.jpeg

I've been eyeing the new Zeagles, certainly interested in your impression of the second stages.

My remaining M1 has an IP of 125 and breadth as smooth as silk. I too am looking forward to the F8, as I convert over to DIN for the local water it’s given me new opportunities to buy stuff I don’t really need.

I have a low tolerance for finicky, if they prove to be so, on the block they will go. To be honest I'm hoping the old halo face plates will retro fit the new ugly ones, that being the case I'll likely pick up 4 and be done with it. I like the simplicity of the "G250V", performance, ease of getting parts, no special tools required and the seat saver purge button. I'm sold on Apeks firsts as I like diaphragm regs, I own four of them, they are simple to service, no special tools required and parts easy for me to get. We'll see how that goes...

I have a low tolerance for finicky, if they prove to be so, on the block they will go. To be honest I'm hoping the old halo face plates will retro fit the new ugly ones, that being the case I'll likely pick up 4 and be done with it. I like the simplicity of the "G250V", performance, ease of getting parts, no special tools required and the seat saver purge button. I'm sold on Apeks firsts as I like diaphragm regs, I own four of them, they are simple to service, no special tools required and parts easy for me to get. We'll see how that goes...
Why not just hunt down old Halo’s or G250V’s? Sorry for the insertion of logic, that I too don’t follow.

Why not just hunt down old Halo’s or G250V’s? Sorry for the insertion of logic, that I too don’t follow.

I posted a WTB over in the classifieds but had only one offer and he thought the reg would fetch more than I was suggesting. Over here simply can't find them.

I posted a WTB over in the classifieds but had only one offer and he thought the reg would fetch more than I was suggesting. Over here simply can't find them.
Just keep fishing in the bay, if you find someone unwilling to ship to you, have it sent to me, I’ll forward it, really.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom