Noise when turning on C5050z

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver69

Contributor
Reaction score
I just received my C5050z and the PT-015 housing I bought on eBay today. YAHHOOOOOOO!

The sad part is I'm gonna have to wait a few months before I can take them below surface...I was planning to a an ice dive, but that conflicted with my other commitments.

Just have a simple question...When I turn on the C5050, there's a noise made by the lens moving (I think) and it's rather loud. It's not REALLY loud, but compared to my other digital camera (an Epson), it's louder. It almost sound like something grinding. Just wondering if that's normal, or is something REALLy grinding in there?

Are you turning it on with the lens cover still in place? Because it will definitely make that noise if you do...

diver69:
I just received my C5050z and the PT-015 housing I bought on eBay today. YAHHOOOOOOO!

The sad part is I'm gonna have to wait a few months before I can take them below surface...I was planning to a an ice dive, but that conflicted with my other commitments.

Just have a simple question...When I turn on the C5050, there's a noise made by the lens moving (I think) and it's rather loud. It's not REALLY loud, but compared to my other digital camera (an Epson), it's louder. It almost sound like something grinding. Just wondering if that's normal, or is something REALLy grinding in there?

I thought the same thing when I got mine. I guess it's normal. I haven't had a problem in over a year.

My 5050 is louder than the 4040 was/is. The camera also plays a musical tone as part of the start-up and shut-down. You can turn those off.

I had the lens cap off - I read about it before i bought the camera.
I was just a little worried whether there is something wrong with the camera, but I guess it's normal...Nothing wrong with any of the functions of the camera anyhow

Thanks.

No worries....all 3 5050s of mine make the same noises. Gotta love the chime...... :54:

Aardal:
No worries....all 3 5050s of mine make the same noises. Gotta love the chime...... :54:
If I'm not mistaken, you can lower that sound. Look in your manual. I'm pretty sure there is a setting for it.
Good Viz, George

Nope, that's the sound it makes. Having to wait for the chance to dive only means that you have lots of time to learn your buttons. Have fun!
Aloha,
Lisa

You can turn off the opening and closing chimes. That's the first thing I did to mine!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom