noise underwater by divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I've tapped my tank once with my dive knife because I saw a sting ray. It was on my first trip to the ocean, so I was excited. :) But I try not to bother anyone else usually and just like to sight see.

I tapped my tank once with my dive knife - never again - afterwards I found while doing it I'd practically sliced through the lp hose on my secondary and I had to replace it. :depressed:

Once I was in the water and had the joy of another divers home made underwater walk man. I hate RAP, I hate it even more underwater.

Like I said, I don't hear well underwater or above but sometimes it's not a bad thing. I agree with you!

When sitting at a stoplight next to someone who has their RAP blaring, I will turn up my conservative right wing talk radio station. That usually gets me a nasty look.:D

Like I said, I don't hear well underwater or above but sometimes it's not a bad thing. I agree with you!

When sitting at a stoplight next to someone who has their RAP blaring, I will turn up my conservative right wing talk radio station. That usually gets me a nasty look.:D

Prolly sounded something like this ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Prolly sounded something like this ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

That's not fair. I wouldn't do that to you! Besides, I was thinking more along the lines of Hannity or Beck:rofl3:

That's not fair. I wouldn't do that to you! Besides, I was thinking more along the lines of Hannity or Beck:rofl3:

Sorry man ... my humor takes strange turns sometimes.

Personally, I like country rap (aka "crap") ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I used to hang out in a bar that had 2 kinds of music, Country and Western.

I've only ever encountered noise polluters in Thailand. It was always the dive guides and/or instructors. Lots of idiot DMs there though...

Hear hear!

I told one DM that I'll break his stick if he will continue to bang his tank every 10 seconds! It drove me crazy and I've only spent 2 days diving Similan's there.

I tapped my tank once with my dive knife - never again - afterwards I found while doing it I'd practically sliced through the lp hose on my secondary and I had to replace it. :depressed:

Ouch, that has to hurt. I don't have any hoses on my left side at all, aside from the one attached to my BC, so I am pretty safe from that one. I only have two hoses which is nice to avoid any "hose accidents"

Back
Top Bottom