Nocturnal Lights Beware !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Life-Is-Good-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Nocturnal Lights beware !!

Beware of Nocturnal Lights , as i won a auction on Ebay back on Dec 1st this year.

After sending many emails, I finalley heard back from them on Dec 1oth, and paid the invoice they had sent on Dec 11th, in hope to give it as a Christmas Present.

Well guess what !! 2 weeks later, still no light, and never heard anything back, after over a dozen emails to them, both on Ebay and their website, I never heard a thing back after paying them over 2 weeks ago !

I had to open a Dispute 2 days before Christmas against them, and I'm lucky if I see my light that i won on the auction from them, by the New Year!!

Buyers beware of these people, many, i mean MANY emails, and nothing !!

Looks like Santa isnt stopping at my house this year with a new light, and hopffully If I keep spreading the word about these people, I'll receive my light that I paid for !!

Here is the auction that I won back on Dec 1st, and paid for!! Never received anything !

Nocturnal Lights SLX IkeLite LED Focus Light Package - (eBay item 300168349921 end time Dec-01-07 15:30:00 PST)

Happy Holidays !

Nocturnal Lights has their own forum on SB....

Why don't you ask them about this in there?

Hi kim, I posted a responce on there all ready, but it had to get approved from a moderator to post. I'm hoping if I keep spreading the word, I'll finalley get my light.

I cant belive it, i have over 420 positive feedback on Ebay, never received a neg on there, and have 8 positive feedback on here, and its companys like theres that make us buyers more hesitent to buy stuff over the internet just for reasons like this one.

Happy Holidays, and thanks for your reply, I'll keep everyone posted , If I ever receive my light

I'd just like to know where they got my e-mail address from ... I really don't care for e-Spam, and if nothing else it will prevent me from ever considering purchasing their product.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If you signed up for the contest awhile back here on SB it came from there. There was a thread on this before the board crashed. As for Tim at Nocturnal he can be slow at times. I've been dealing with him for over three years on various issues and products and there have been times when he's been so quick to answer that I think he's psychic. There have also been others where it's taken a couple weeks for him to get back to me and some stuff seems to have slipped thru the cracks. Fortunately those times involved general questions as opposed to product orders but it still is a little irritating. I'm Pming you the number I have for them. As for the product itself it is top of the line and I'm very happy with the TL50 Extreme and related accessories I have for mine.

I'd just like to know where they got my e-mail address from ... I really don't care for e-Spam, and if nothing else it will prevent me from ever considering purchasing their product.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
You probably opted into a contest a few years back and then also opted into giving them your e-mail address.

ScubaBoard doesn't give out our members' email addresses.

You probably opted into a contest a few years back and then also opted into giving them your e-mail address.

ScubaBoard doesn't give out our members' email addresses.
There was some conversation regarding that at the time.

First off, the language in the contest rules about allowing NL access to an entrant's e-mail address was not clear, and as I recall, you didn't have to opt in to giving them your e-mail address ... you had to opt out of them getting it. That's quite a difference. Several SB members were not only surprised, but incensed at how that promotion was conducted.

Second, upon discovering all of this I had contacted NL and asked them to remove my e-mail address from their mailing list. Apparently, they didn't do so as I'm still getting SPAM from this company ... thereby assuring that I would never consider purchasing their product.

I don't consider it good business ... not at all ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Looks like they are asking $344 on their store for the package you won for $104. I'll bet they will put off taking that loss for as long as they can.

Yes, I received a email from Tim, back on the 10th, here was his quote :

Item # Item Title Qty. Price
300168349921 Nocturnal Lights SLX IkeLite LED Focus Light Package 1 US $103.50

Subtotal: US $103.50
Shipping and handling via UPS Ground:
US $17.71

Other shipping choices:

UPS 3 Day Select: US $29.32
UPS 2nd Day Air: US $44.78

Total: US $121.21

Hi Marco, Wow life is good :) We posted this at no reserve on accident so you got yourself an awesome deal, about 75% off the MSRP. If you like the lights please ask your dive buddies to go to check out our products Nocturnallights.com. Thanks! Tim

Please email me at paul@nocturnallights.com if you have any questions.

Well, I never received a light to tell my dive buddies about, and I hope they would be a honorable company and still sell me the product that ive paid for, not my fault they made a mistake, Thats Ebay, somtimes you get great deals, and somtimes you over pay.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas, and I left Tim a message also today. I will keep everyone posted.

A follow up, I received a email from Tim today, even on Christmas, and he emailed me rigth away after receiving my voice mail, and reading this thread, and wanted to make sure that I knew that he would personalley make sure it was corrected first thing Wensday morning, after the holiday.

If they send me the light, I will still leave them positive feedback on Ebay, and will let everyone know, to be fair to them, all I'm asking if to recive what I paid for, and honor the auction.

I'll keep everyone posted, and thanks for the telephone number to Tim, it apperantley worked.

Lets see what happens, and Happy Holidays!

Back
Top Bottom