No, single or double tray for rx100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beta3

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm currently setting up my compact camera setup for my old Sony rx100 iv (after lost my GoPro on last dive, so will get a proper lanyard this time and no flimsy thin one...).
I already ordered an Isotta casing, which should have -300g underwater weight with camera inside.
I'm interested in pictures and short videos of larger pelagic which would likely be more than 3m away, so don't think lights/strobes would help (or at least those within my initial budget). My next dive trip is Maldives, where would be looking to photograph manta rays / sharks primarily.
I'm thinking whether:
- is a compact camera in small aluminium housing stable enough to hold with hands, or do I need trays?
- if tray, is one handle tray enough or do I need two?
- if no tray, is -300g enough to not need floats?
- if I get a small aluminium tray, like the nauticam or weefine, how much weight will it add?
- if I am approaching -400 to -500, I would think getting floats will be more important to handle ergonomically

I will shoot in raw, and either set white balance during dive or just process post dive.

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks and merry Christmas

The 300 grams is not too much to carry. The purpose behind a tray is to mount arms to carry lights and strobes of course they help to stabilize the camera as well. But if you are not mounting strobes I would not invest now in a tray. Not sure a Nauticam tray would fit your housing.

Might look on this page for some ideas:

Just an oinion but you need lights for video and strobes for still and for either if shooting large critters a wide angle lens.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom