No Reg Stealer at BW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ishie

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So happy!!!

First, haven't gotten wet (except for a dive at Gerstle on the camping trip) for a while, so headed down to Monterey with Jim this weekend. Really nice conditions; flat as a pancake, and despite a bit of a nasty red tide near the surface on Sunday, vis really opened up underneath.

Well... probably a year ago, I posted that someone had stolen my Proton Ice regulator from the rinse tanks at Glen's. I called Glen, Jim let every shop owner in Monterey know... I watched Craigslist and Ebay for two months, bought a new set up, figured the old one was gone...

Turns out Trevor at Glen's had found it in the tanks, but Glen simply hadn't known it was in the back when I called him. It's been sitting back there collecting dust every since! Trevor saw my kit today and said "Wow... weird reg, I've got one like that in the back", and sure enough, it was my long lost Proton Ice, that my dad gave me!

My faith in diveumanity is restored... no theives after all!

this weekend was the best i have had in a long time, thank you ishie , you made that happen, you are such an excellent diver, i am sooooo pleased to see you get your rig returned, trevor and glenns dive shop at breakwater are awesome shop/people!!! i really enjoyed being a part of it and had such a great time diving with you!!! thank you!!!!! ohh and next time the sea lions are chewing on your snorkel, you should be more kind , and not ignor them!! lol :D just teasing you!! it would have been sooo funny if you had looked up, it would have made you jump/scream too see such a large sea lion right there in your face nipping your snorkle!!!

Ishie - congrat on finding your regulator.

Are we going to see the old reg posted in the Gear Classifieds now? :wink:

Marc

Nah she's going to save it for a doubles set up :)

See another reason why you shouldn't wear a snorkel :)

Jim all that action and no pictures?

Ishie, Nice to finally meet you...Glad you got those regs back.... and your faith in the BA Diving community

Ben_ca:
Nah she's going to save it for a doubles set up :)

See another reason why you shouldn't wear a snorkel :)

Jim all that action and no pictures?

Ishie, Nice to finally meet you...Glad you got those regs back.... and your faith in the BA Diving community
BEN, would you believe i was a complete moron and forgot my camera charger!!! and forgot too charge the battery before we left for monterey!!! so after the first two dives i had NOOOO CAMERA!!!! WA WA WA!!!:crying: :crying: i was bummed!!! and the last two dives is were we saw everything !!!!!!!!!!!!:shakehead

Isn't that the way it always is, Jim? The best way to ensure you see something spectacular is to not bring a camera with you?

That's what I said! He did get some pretty cool pictures of a Hopkins rose though.

And Ben, nice to meet you finally too!

And I'm saving the reg. The dive shop where I'm moving isn't well stocked, so I'm hoping by the time I leave, I'll have a fully redundant set up. I'll save the tech diving until I get back, though I admit I'm beginning to eye all those doubles, trimix setups with considerable envy!

Not sure if the Proton Ice is considered a high level reg though...

Back
Top Bottom