No more timeshare sales at the Wyndham

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loudives

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The Wyndham/ Reef Club has discontinued Time share sales. All timeshare sale people are gone!! The resort has sold out and can no longer sell timeshares. Timeshares can only be bought from existing owners on the secondary market. Also some improvements are being done now. I will add an email I got. I am here now and got this first hand from Regency Club officials.

The Hotel side of the resort (Wyndham) is also going Adults only. This will not effect the ownership club members.

Dear Member (s),
We would like to inform you of an important change at Wyndham Cozumel Resort & Spa. As of March 1, 2010 the Wyndham area will be only for adults 18 years or older.
As members of Regency Club you will continue to enjoy access to the Wyndham facilities, pools, bar and restaurants.
The Regency Club will continue to be a family oriented resort.
At your Club we aim to please you, therefore we are happy to announce the following improvements you can enjoy as of March 1, 2010

A A New Restaurant - Open for dinner offering Deli, Pizza, Lounge Bar & Sushi. You can watch your favorite sports on the big screen TV while enjoying your drink of choice in the restaurant or terrace. You will also have access to computers with internet free of charge.

V.I.P. Bar - Will now offer snacks: hamburgers, hot dogs, nachos, etc.

Vista del Mar Restaurant - Will be expanded to give you more choices inside or in the terrace.

Kids and Teens Club - The Kids Club will be relocated to the Regency Club area with Play Station and X-Box games for teens.

Beach - Crafts carts currently by the V.I.P. bar will be relocated to the area between Villa 34 and the new restaurant. Sand will be brought in to replenish the beach in the Regency Club area.

New V.I.P. Services for 2010

Greeting at the Regency Lobby
Welcome drinks and cold towel service on arrival
Personalized Welcome Letter upon arrival in your room
Welcome Basket in your room with a bottle of Bacardi, a bag of pretzels and Pringles
More beer, coke and water for your mini bar
Exclusive Welcome Cocktail and Buffet Dinner for members on Mondays
“Palapa” by the Regency Club pool with towel service and activities information
Internet service in all of the Vacation Club units
Computer with internet service available at “La Tienda” (the store), free of charge
Live music twice a week, with guitar and sax during dinner at “Vista del Mar” Restaurant
We know you will be pleased with these improvements and can't wait to welcome you at Regency Club!

Sincerely,

Regency Club Management Team

The Wyndham/ Reef Club has discontinued Time share sales. All timeshare sale people are gone!! The resort has sold out and can no longer sell timeshares. Timeshares can only be bought from existing owners on the secondary market.

That's the best way in any case. You can get a nice coz timeshare on the secondary market for anywhere between $2500 and $5000.

Terry

This is very big news all things considered. I wonder if the new owners will get the place up to what it was when it first opened, or maybe even better. I've copied your entire message to the Tripadvisor forum so others will know too. Too bad it penalizes those families who did buy time shares & liked things the way they were (access to the buildings & different areas of the grounds).

i'm quite curious as to what your yearly fees are per week of timeshare use, and whether you can book specific dates easily. A relative of mine was a time share owner in Sol Caribe which is how I came to make my first trip to Coz many years ago. He quit paying & lost the time share because it was way too difficult to book a week just about any time of the year that a northerner might travel south.

i'm quite curious as to what your yearly fees are per week of timeshare use, and whether you can book specific dates easily. A relative of mine was a time share owner in Sol Caribe which is how I came to make my first trip to Coz many years ago. He quit paying & lost the time share because it was way too difficult to book a week just about any time of the year that a northerner might travel south.

This year is 339 annual fee and you get a Studio condo. A bit more for 1 and 2 bedrooms. 20% discount was given if payed by Dec 1 last year. Very reasonable IMO.

Got mine off secondary market at a great price. I believe Pilot Fish has his for sale at a good price.

Do you think this change in policy towards the time share owners will reduce room availability? I assume that the way things were originally set up a lot of time shares were sold based on total number of rooms, some sold to vacationers, some held for time share owners. Do you think the change will add or reduce the number of rooms? If so that could cause problems when trying to book dates during high season.
For now I'm going to assume that occupancy is low in general across the island due to the economy, which may have helped with your friends late booking, but that's just a guess.

The timeshare contract says bookings at lease 30 days prior to arrival. I asked the customer rep today and was told the club releases rooms to the hotel every week based on member booking. This has been there SOP for years. So no I don't think it will make a difference. They may not be able to get you a preferred room but a non-member supposedly can't book prior than 30 days. However if a non-member has a voucher that booking is treated the same as a member so early booking is allowed. I really don't think there will be a problem as they have been 95% sold out for the past 2 years and only filled up with members during the holidays. I've booked as little as 10 days some times with no problem as long as it was non holiday.

Thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. Wish I could be there for Carnaval but that's not happening this year. Still recovering from leg surgery, so travel is out this winter. Hope you're getting good weather & good dive conditions too .Larry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom