No More Christian Bale Movies for Me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't realize Bale's outburst was several (?) years ago. I guess I can't retroactively boycott his movies.

As for Phelps, seems like he was being a perfect role model for the youth of today! Although I don't smoke the stuff myself, they should have legalized it ages ago. We'd be out of our financial dilemma and deep into the black if they had.

Well said Dr. Bill!!!! Interestingly enough our founding fathers had hemp plantations, it was the "cash" crop of the day. Smoking it is probably the least economical use of it, you can wear it, tie stuff up, fuel our vehicles and the list goes on. Thank you Reefer Madness for totally screwing us out of an easy out to our financial troubles.

As to mr. bale, I did not buy him as batman (the guy can't act), keaton was still the best one.

You don't trash his scene, he don't trash your face. What's the problem?

Well he did reach down deep into somewhere to get all that anger he portrayed in the interrogation scene in The Dark Knight, which I loved by the way.
ALso enjoyed this spoof of said scene from youtube:
YouTube - The Dark Knight- Joker Interrogation Scene Spoof

I honestly don't care about an actor's personal life. If he (or she) entertains me during a movie then I'll watch it. I really don't care about Tom Cruise's Scientology insanity, but I'll still enjoy Top Gun.

Well he did reach down deep into somewhere to get all that anger he portrayed in the interrogation scene in The Dark Knight, which I loved by the way.
ALso enjoyed this spoof of said scene from youtube:
YouTube - The Dark Knight- Joker Interrogation Scene Spoof

oh geez, that one was as bad as the transformers. especially that ledger idiot. it does not take talent to play a sicko.
besides he did not have liam neesan to carry him through the movie.

I honestly don't care about an actor's personal life. If he (or she) entertains me during a movie then I'll watch it. I really don't care about Tom Cruise's Scientology insanity, but I'll still enjoy Top Gun.

I see a big difference between an actor's beliefs and how that individual treats other people. I really don't care about an actor's religious or other beliefs, but I do care about how they treat others. As for beliefs, that also goes for politics, I've never "boycotted" an actor for their political beliefs as long as I thought they were a decent person (and were entertaining on screen).

Who cares?
I go to the movies to be entertained, not to judge the actors' morals (or lack thereof). Should he have exploded like that? Probably not but I wasn't there and neither were any of us. Always 3 sides to any story and we've only heard 1.

Totally agree with you.

Thanks, Walter... maybe I'll order one!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom