No more butt ring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Let's have an answer as to why my bag protruding from the pak is a problem :D

You mean other than because wrecks grow little metal arms that reach around just looking for that sort of thing?

Tom

WreckWriter once bubbled...
You mean other than because wrecks grow little metal arms that reach around just looking for that sort of thing?
...anything that could find 6" of my bag plastered to my butt by the crotch strap is more likely to find your 8" strap flapping around back there!

Fresh water weenies, cold water weenies and warm water weenies.... I dunno... could prove to be interesting :D

OK... I'm packin'.... can I bring Shane?

...anything that could find 6" of my bag plastered to my butt by the crotch strap is more likely to find your 8" strap flapping around back there!

Fresh water weenies, cold water weenies and warm water weenies.... I dunno... could prove to be interesting :D

OK... I'm packin'.... can I bring Shane?

Of course you can bring Shane.

Now, my "lease" is 1/2" wide, max. Your bag is 4" wide, min (and mines tight to my butt too, no hanging/flowing strap). Take yourself a piece of good nylon line and slice it into the system to extend your reach enough to keep the bag inside.

Tom

Ain't gonna be that easy.... give me an example of how my bag storage is a problem.

thought I had given one? Here's another: 2 knot current on a Florida wreck, you hanging on line to get to the wreck, current catches your hanging bag, sea anchor.

Don't worry, I'll rescue ya :)

it's hanging out in the wind.

Tom

WreckWriter once bubbled...
thought I had given one? Here's another: 2 knot current on a Florida wreck, you hanging on line to get to the wreck, current catches your hanging bag, sea anchor.
You didn't give a first one... so how can you give another...

Tom you need to take a class in critical thinking. :D

Anyway... we don't hang like flags on a line... we don't need to hang onto stuff like you guys do to ascend proper like :D

And as for a 2 knot current on a Florida wreck.... hah... you must not have read about my birthday dive:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7551

You warm water weenies have nooooo idea :D

Oh... btw... my scooter will beat your current any day... and the bag stays put till I pull it.

let me jump in and through my bag around

I use the Dive Rite bag it comes in a tube like holder about 2 inches in diameter and mounts to my back plate up under my butt.

I personaly would not have anything hanging out of it. not a teather of part of the bag. for both of the reasons that wreck writer pointed out.

I find it works great for me. I suggest that you think real hard about having stuff hanging off your butt or anywhere else.

so back to the right hand ring, nothing hey, seems like a very lop sided system to me.

what about when you have two 80's as deco bottles...still on the same side hey, along with two reels i suppose too

just a quick picture diving with five 80's glad all three arent on one side

Talk about having stuff hanging all over the place :D
Your a funny guy Doug...

what stuff??

I think Uncle Pug's got a dilemma here, but as usually he's doing the right thing.

At first I thought maybe the butt-ring could be moved closer to the BP. So after looking at UP's picture, I went to the garage to look at my bag. And it sounds more like Tom's description with the 4" leash. So basically, the bag can be completely in the pak with just the leash and bolt snap sticking out. I like my butt-ring a little further away from the BP, so when the bag is clipped off it keeps the ring flat against my rear-end.

Speaking of pre-rigged bags... I went into DIR-F with the spool "pre-rigged" to the bag (clipping the spool off to the butt-ring while attached to the bag). This idea I thought I read from a particular list which starts with a "Q". During the inspection, MHK asked the other instructor(s) about this, said that he had been seeing this more and more.... But in the end, advised that it was better to leave the spool in the pocket. I accepted the thought process, since it only entailed a few more steps. But if the spool is really not in the way while clipped to the butt-ring, I couldn't think of any other problems... Okay, there is a possibility of line unspooling and creating an entanglement hazzard. So I guess I answered my own question, any verifications or thoughts? Wouldn't the same problem potentially exist with a reel clipped to the back?

Ken

Back
Top Bottom