No longer about the features

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caveseeker7:
Exactly what are "fan boys"? Anybody that doesn't agree with you that an Inspiration is the way to go? Cheap shot using the 2nd half of my name?

I apologize if I offended you. My reference was general and not specific to you. And in some contexts the term "fan boy" can be positive. I will edit the message. Once again I'm sorry.

- Kent

CcrBoy:
I apologize if I offended you. My reference was general and not specific to you. And in some contexts the term "fan boy" can be positive. I will edit the message. Once again I'm sorry.
No offense taken, Kent. I'm only offended if someone does so on purpose. :wink:
But thanks for the clarification.

BigJetDriver69:
To offer the opinion in a world-wide public forum that a caution level having to do with carcinogens is "overly cautious", (...and to be frank, your comment is merely an opinion unsubstantiated by any research or body of facts...), is in-cautious at best, and totally irresponsible at worst!

Perhaps you should have noted that what you are responding to in this rather rude manner is a quote that I posted from another forum. I would have assumed the quote marks " would have made that clear.

I would like to add two facts:

1) The navy calculations of ppm was incorrect - do the sums
2) Other parties are suggesting far higher safe levels are correct

DrMike:
Perhaps you should have noted that what you are responding to in this rather rude manner is a quote that I posted from another forum. I would have assumed the quote marks " would have made that clear.

I would like to add two facts:

1) The navy calculation of ppm was incorrect - do the sums.
2) Other parties are suggesting far higher safe levels are correct.

Dr. Mike, et al,

As we concluded on the other Board, my remarks were not meant to be rude, just emphatic!

Again, the problem I find here is that I agree with your conclusions. My aviation background causes me to argue the other side of the equation, however, because risks should be fixed, if possible, not ignored.

In short, whatever the final conclusion may be about actual risk versus appearance of risk, the battery box must be (1) sealed, or (2) moved.

DrMike:
At the very least it gives me an even better argument to convince the wife I need to get a hammerhead :wink:
LOL. The one danger they never teach you about during training, shared by all rebreathers, where all agencies leave you to figure out your own bailout: HYPERSPOUSIA !

caveseeker7:
LOL. The one danger they never teach you about during training, shared by all rebreathers, where all agencies leave you to figure out your own bailout: HYPERSPOUSIA !

CS7, et al,

LMAO---I will definitely add that to my list of emergency drills! But remember, the initial answer is always: "Bail-out! Bail-out! It's a trap!"

BigJetDriver69:
But remember, the initial answer is always: "Bail-out! Bail-out! It's a trap!"
Yep. An SOS (Safe Our Systems) happens all too often.

That's why I always shout "MAYDAY!"
It's short for "MAYbe someDAY!"

:wink: Stefan

Interesting thread....I have a pretty big problem with this. I personally believe that if the box can be moved to eliminate the risk then that is what should be done. If you hear that asbestos causes cancer, but only at .24ppm do you still want it near you... NOPE!....While I realize this may not be a big deal, the fact is know one really knows....

MikeR:
Interesting thread....I have a pretty big problem with this. I personally believe that if the box can be moved to eliminate the risk then that is what should be done. If you hear that asbestos causes cancer, but only at .24ppm do you still want it near you... NOPE!....While I realize this may not be a big deal, the fact is no one really knows....

Mike,

I am very much agreed with you on this! I have an extremely big problem with this!

I can only remain employed if my Flight Surgeon specifies every six months that I am in top-notch health. I cannot take any chances.

So what if there is only a "slight" risk? I could be "slightly affected", and then I would be "slightly grounded"!!!!!!!!!

You are absolutely right! Something MUST be done!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom