No Jetways Planned for Owen Roberts Airport Renovation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jetways aren't the problem.

The small runway, lack of taxi ways and parking gates (ie congestion) combined with the atrociously inefficient and slow immigration and baggage hall are all most important than getting on or off a plane.

People in wheelchairs, etc. would probably disagree that lack of jetways wasn't a problem.

But anyway it's not all about "the" problem, of course there's many problems. Personally, I've always found the departure/gate area to be the thing that bothered me the most. Even after they made it a little bigger, it's far from big enough and way too many people are trying to line up and cram through the little gate area at the same time. Maybe immigration/baggage isn't super (where is it?) but seeing as I'm generally traveling via Miami nothing seems so bad in comparison...

People in wheelchairs, etc. would probably disagree that lack of jetways wasn't a problem.

But anyway it's not all about "the" problem, of course there's many problems. Personally, I've always found the departure/gate area to be the thing that bothered me the most. Even after they made it a little bigger, it's far from big enough and way too many people are trying to line up and cram through the little gate area at the same time. Maybe immigration/baggage isn't super (where is it?) but seeing as I'm generally traveling via Miami nothing seems so bad in comparison...

I don't understand why they didn't get stairs with elevators rather than ramps. The ones we have in Key West (where we also don't have jetways) have self-contained elevators for passengers who can't negotiate stairs. Of course that doesn't help with the smaller planes. EYW uses the plane's built-in stairs in those cases.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom