No diving in the Bahamas other than on Nassau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did an afternoon dive with Unexso and they took us to the area near where they do the shark dive. We got to see lots of sharks without paying for the shark dive which seems to be a lot of sitting on the bottom just watching instead of diving. Especially if you only get one dive.

Grand Bahama Scuba

contrary to a previous post. They will pick you up and return you to your hotel after.

Better yet, stay at Ocean Reef Yacht Club and Resort. The boat is just a short walk from your room. :14: There is a place to store your gear about 20 feet from the boat. :D

I'll be there Oct 22 thru Nov 4 :D

Sask:
We did an afternoon dive with Unexso and they took us to the area near where they do the shark dive. We got to see lots of sharks without paying for the shark dive which seems to be a lot of sitting on the bottom just watching instead of diving. Especially if you only get one dive.

Am I to understand that aside from the shark feed they will also allow me some dive time in that area?

all4scuba05:
Am I to understand that aside from the shark feed they will also allow me some dive time in that area?

I didn't do the actual shark dive but I think there may be a bit of dive time, not much though I don't think.

I'll be heading out to Freeport for a couple of weeks in mid-November and hope to get a couple of dives in, including a shark one, while there.
It is worth booking with any of these operators in advance or should I just contact them when I get out there?

I would suggest contacting the dive shop before you get there just to let them know you are coming and when. I highly recommend Grand Bahama Scuba. They rated the best on the island in Scuba Diving magazine. They will work with your schedule and preferences.

scrapdizzy:
Is there any company that will pick us up on Paradise Island?? ATlantis to be exact.
Stuart Cove's will pick you up at Atlantis twice daily and take you to their location on the south side of New Providence.

Bahamas Divers is much closer,they're located at the base of the bridge to Paradise Island - without gear you could probably walk there. But take a cab - I think they're on the Nassau side.

fwiw, those are pretty much your only two diveop choices on New Providence also - unless you want to book a charter.

www.stuartcove.com
www.bahamadivers.com
www.bahamasdiving.com - general info.

Much difference between Stuarts Cove and BD? We will have all of our gear so walking is'nt an option.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom