No diving Dominica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buck3647

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
So far contact from Dominica says no cruise passengers on the island unless with a tour? Can the tour be from the island ship is not offering scuba anyone? trying to dive all the islands on this 7 island dockings Celebrity out of Miami Jan 9

I don’t believe so, I think you are only allowed to go out on ship-sponsored tours excursions. That’s a shame too if true; Dominica is an amazing place to dive and pre-hurricane Maria was probably the nicest/most healthy/colorful reefs I’ve ever dove.

Hi - Just returned from Dominica. We stayed at Fort Young Hotel next to the cruise ship dock. I believe 3 cruise ships came in while I was there, plenty of people getting off the boats. I also saw many of the passenger doing excursions. Diving was GREAT, plenty of beautiful coral. House reef is fantastic.

Hi - Just returned from Dominica. We stayed at Fort Young Hotel next to the cruise ship dock. I believe 3 cruise ships came in while I was there, plenty of people getting off the boats. I also saw many of the passenger doing excursions. Diving was GREAT, plenty of beautiful coral. House reef is fantastic.
do you have pictures you can share?

I'd love to know more about your trip. We are trying to decide b/n Dominca and a couple other places (Grenada and Cayman Brac are top other choices). Wondering how it is overall on the rest of the island, did you get a car, road/driving conditions to explore. We would probably get an airbnb and have a couple non-diving days to explore inland.

Hi - I was with a group so we did not drive ourselves. The roads are narrow and coming from the airport you cross over one of the larger mountain passes. It was interesting. Plenty of tours, I did Trafalgar Falls and Titou Gorge Tour. Very cool but very cold water, it was worth it to see the waterfall. Plenty of other things to do if you are not diving. That was our main focus. Hope this helps.

So far all dive shops contacted say no cruise ship divers? For those daring hikers find a tour guide by name of Ghost have him take you to the Boiling Lake only one of two on the planet.

Fort Young Hotel have their own dive shop? My understanding is that only guided tours allowed on the island off the ship?

So wonder if you can walk from the port to Fort Young?

The cruise ship pier is right next to Fort Young Hotel. Fort Young has a dive shop but utilizes Dive Dominica's boats. We had a great crew, we were lion fish hunting and they cleaned all the fish we shot. One of the DM's fried some up for us to eat on the boat.

Back
Top Bottom