No diving at Paya Bay (mini trip report)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but if it were me I would bring my issues to the management before I brought them here

Yes, that is what management of poor quality outfits all over the world would like! For nobody to share their negative experiences so they can keep doing business as they have always and never feel any real pressure to improve the problems... So people will keep getting lured into their mediocre operation...

I'm sorry, but that is exactly the attraction to forums like scubaboard! You get real hands on testimonies about how the places were to help you make decisions about if you want to go there or not. Extra information (other than the operations publicity) to make sure you know what you are getting into. And of course you need to filter through the different oppinions and use your own judgment about what is being said; after all, not all testimonys are reliable.

Technically, it might be complaining (to each to decide for themselves), but whatever it is it's usefull to patrons of this forum! It has helped me make several excellent choices about dive trips and gear over the last few years and avoid disapointment. When it's done with calm, explained oppinions, it is very usefull. I sure hope people don't stop complaining, or I'll have nothing to judge my choices on in the future!:cool2:

Just my 0.02$

I am still confused. Is this classified as Bi__ching or is it something else like constructive criticism?

There is really no telling. I thought the original post was more of a bitch complain thing but then a bunch of people explained in detail how he was not actually complaining but just posting experience. THEN of course the original post guy shows up and screws it all up and tells us that of course he was complaining. Add to that if you really ready from the start, he was warned, maybe between the lines, that he should have at least some concern with his plans but for some reason has not mentioned that part in his bitch fest.
I have never wanted to dive with this resort and they may be great but I would have probably taken to heart the info that was given on these forums in his other posts before the trip , but he chose to ignore or has not mentioned.
Then the other guy suggests I agree with keeping it quiet which I never mentioned but I would love to hear what this resort had to say to him when his concerns were brought to their attention but we hear none of that, none of him asking Davincci about the website, nothing about their replies as to what went wrong. It makes me think they may not have had a great trip, OK, But did they approach management, did they do anything or just say "screw it" we will get them when we get back. ?????
With such little reference to management response to concerns it is hard to take this type of post at face value. I will email Davinci and ask him simply for my own benefit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom