No difference between Suunto Mosquito or Stinger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure what your dive conditions are but a few UK people arent too keen on the mosquito saying in dark or low vis situations the display isnt as big and clear as it could be.
They also mention the plasticy build quality that even with a guard means the unit gets scratched fairly quickly.

General consensus here is, if you want a watch buy a watch, if you want a computer, buy a proper sized one.

Here the Vyper and Mosquito were identical prices and i couldnt decide which, after talking to and reading reviews i got the vyper and im very happy with it.

I've had the Mosquito for 3 months now and it works perfectly.
The only drawback I discovered is the (lack of) readability on nightdives.

Looking into buying one as well pretty soon. Did you get any response, or found out the difference between stinger and Mosquito?

Thanks in advance!!

Edwin Willems
(Belgium)

Edwin:
I'm not sure there's anything left to add to the very detailed posts in this thread, so be sure to read through all the responses.
In essence, the Stinger is the same computer as the Mosquito, but in a jewelry quality watch case. There are a few minor differences, as you'll see in the thread, but not much. As a Suunto rep at the LDS told me the other day (convenient for answering this question) "the Mosquito is a poor man's Stinger".
BTW, I think it's great that they are offering the same electronics in a form more accessible to most.
Jeff

I want to use my Stinger in Guage mode and I'm not sure how to do it. Does it mean that I should set it to be on FREE for free diving ? I've used this before and I believe it give you time and depth and nothing more, which sounds like what I would need. Just wanted to check is this the right way to do it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom