No DAN in Coz?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stu_in_fl:
you ARE covered by DAN

follow the link that El Orans posted or this one : http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/news/article.asp?newsid=723
Great link Stu, but let me just paste it here to make this even easier to clarify...
News & Events
DAN Addresses Concerns About Dive Insurance

On Tuesday, Jan. 31, DAN issued the following statement, addressing concerns among members about insurance coverage:

"DAN strongly emphasizes that we support our members. In the unlikely event of a diving injury, be assured that if any DAN member were to be referred to a chamber, their DAN diving accident insurance and membership will apply.

"If the chamber is one of the nine (9) facilities referred to in the press release from SSS Corporate Headquarters, SSS has stated, categorically, they DO accept the DAN diving accident insurance.

"If a DAN member were to be referred to one of the three (3) facilities that have stated they do not support DAN and will not accept insurance purchased with DAN membership (the SSS chambers in Nassau, Cabo San Lucas or Cancun), DAN will nevertheless work to assure that the DAN members are covered.

"Although DAN maintains that the charges at these three facilities are in excess of reasonable and customary charges, divers should not be caught in the middle of this dispute.

"To ensure that the divers are not caught in the middle, effective immediately, DAN's insurer will coordinate with the SSS chambers in Nassau, Cabo San Lucas or Cancun to cover all treatment charges.

"When the injured DAN Member or their representative contacts DAN using the 24-Hour Diving Emergency Hotline, DAN will liaise with the chamber to arrange immediate payment. DAN will continue to do so until there has been a resolution to this dispute. Rest assured, DAN continues to seek an amicable resolution."

If you'd like more information (for example, to see the names of the nine pro-DAN SSS facilities see the announcement entitled "DAN Responds to SSS Press Release," in the News & Events section of the website or go to http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/news/article.asp?newsid=709.

If you have questions about chamber availability, please call DAN Headquarters at 1-800-446-2671 and speak to a DAN medic; or email DAN at medic@DiversAlertNetwork.org.

This is the 3d Thread on this subject. I am beginning to suspect someone is working for the Cozemel chamber and trying to do a propaganda campaign.

pasley:
This is the 3d Thread on this subject. I am beginning to suspect someone is working for the Cozemel chamber and trying to do a propaganda campaign.

It would be helpful if someone posted a link to the actual press release (if it exists) rather than to an online "news" source that says there was a press release. Last time around no press release ever surfaced, and most of the "facts" cited turned out to be false. Pretty sleazy.

I don't know who to believe?????????? Frustrating!!!!!!!!! Sure if I call DAN they say they'll cover it but what happens if tensions get worse?? Bottom line, I just want to rest assured that I'll be covered that's why I'm purchasing insurance.

robbcayman:
I don't know who to believe?????????? Frustrating!!!!!!!!! Sure if I call DAN they say they'll cover it but what happens if tensions get worse?? Bottom line, I just want to rest assured that I'll be covered that's why I'm purchasing insurance.
If you need help in Coz, go to this clinic - which I suspect is better anyway...
This topic has come up several times in the last few months. This just applies to the chamber on Calle 5. Dr. Piccolo at the Clinica San Miguel on Calle 6 Nte. between Av. 5 and Av. 10 accepts DAN. In fact I just spoke to them about this last week.
DAN will get you tended to there, to save themselves the expense of sending a jet helicopter...

I just called the chambers in PDC and Coz to find out for myself. They said DAN is acceptable for them.

Buseo Medico Mexicano
PDC: +52 984-873-1365
Cozumel: +52 987-1430

Here's to me not needing those numbers. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom