No countdown timer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grumpymedic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I can't figure out how to add a countdown timer like the one from tickerfactory.com can anyone please help the rookie out here?

Go to tickerfactory.com. Follow the steps to create your ticker.

On the last page are displayed the different code options to be embedded in your page.

Scroll down and select all the text in the bbCode version.

Cut the text and return to Scubaboard.

Click on your UserCP.

Click Edit Signature link under Your Settings and past the code in the blank window.

Save it and you should see the ticker.

Note that you're only allowed 4 signature lines now.

Has anyone loaded the Pregnancy or Ovulation timers yet?

:rofl3:

testing

sjspeck:
Note that you're only allowed 4 signature lines now.
Actually, the 4 lines rule has been here for quite some time, but we lacked the tools to enforce it automatically.

Can anyone help me with doing the countdown timer?? I went to the edit time selection in the User CP.. But when I click there, the space doesn't highlight and it won't let me paste the code from the site in there...... Any ideas:huh:

cruisegirl:
Can anyone help me with doing the countdown timer?? I went to the edit time selection in the User CP.. But when I click there, the space doesn't highlight and it won't let me paste the code from the site in there...... Any ideas:huh:
I'm not completely sure what you're referencing here, but let me see if any of this helps....

1> There does not seem to be an "edit time selection in the User CP," at least not on that list. If you go to Edit Options, you can adjust "Date & Time Options," but that is to adjust your local time setting on the board here.

2> The current Count Down Timer on the User CP list is not functional. I do not know if they plan is to remove that listing, or make it work in the future?

3> The Count Down Timer in Edit Profile on the User CP does work. It only shows up in your Profile, tho - not as much fun, I agree.

4> The Tinker.com Timer you [-]have[/-] had in your Signature may all show if you delete the blank line in your Signature, or - you might have to delete the text, also. Try one and see how it looks in posts.

It would be nice if the Signature Preview showed what would actually appear on the posts, and maybe it will in the near future. For now, you have to change, then look at a post.

Hope that hit your question and supplied the answer...??

edit: Hehe, you deleted a little more than needed. :wink:

Hi Don,
Well it seems I can't type and things have changed overnight..... lol.....

1> There does not seem to be an "edit time selection in the User CP," at least not on that list. If you go to Edit Options, you can adjust "Date & Time Options," but that is to adjust your local time setting on the board here.
For this I meant the countdown timer.... Not the time itself. But today, the selection for countdown timer/event countdown doesn't exist the left side under selections of the first page for user CP...
I did do the info. on the profile page for the event countdown but I'd like my cruise to show in my signature....
And I did delete alot.......lol..... You probably can tell I was frustrated and that was my sarcasm in full form.....lol.... I don't like feeling censored but I also understand keeping the site easy to manage, look at and for those on dial up, I get it.... Been there done that......

But today, the selection for countdown timer/event countdown doesn't exist the left side under selections of the first page for user CP...
Yep, looks like they took it off. didn't know what their plan was, and they're working on so many upgrades & fixes, didn't want to bother them to ask.

You could put your quote back in your Sig, then the Date & Name of the cruise?

This is nuts... Even with my quote out and just the ticker countdown, the countdown ticker still doesn's show in full form.... :shakehead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom