No Atomic Aquatics dealers on Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coral-Reefer

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Why are there no Atomic Aquatics dealers on the island of Cozumel? Atomic Aquatics apparently doe snot want to work with any of the dive shops or retailers here. Their website lists some retailers but the retailers say they do not represent them! I really messed up and left my regulator set up at home when I left for Cozumel yesterday. I need to get a quick disconnect (QD) to attach to a high pressure hose on a rented rig so I can attach my Cobalt computer. Does anyone know of an Atomic dealer on the island or know of someone that might have an Atomic QD?

Not ideal, but keep in mind that you don't actually need to connect the Cobalt to an HP hose to use it as a computer. While you won't have air pressure information for those dives, and will need to use an SPG or whatever computer is attached to the rental set for pressure, it will still work just fine as a computer.

That is a bummer and one of the reasons I suggested to AA that the QD on the computer be removable so that in a pinch it could be attached directly to a HP hose.

The observation about the QD is also something we discussed in development, knowing most QD's are sold as add ons. We felt it was something most Cobalt owners would want, considering the nature of the computer, and it would be more expensive and add size to have it as a separate bolt on. So that, like downloading capability, was just included from the get go. But you are right, the way we did it means that if the QD is damaged, the air integration is gone. If it were a standard fitting on the Cobalt, with the male QD attached, it gives a way out if the QD is damaged, or (more likely) the internal O-ring goes. It's worth reconsidering this as we rework the design.

As posted above you can dive with it sans being connected. Just make sure you use a keeper on it and not just tuck into your pocket.

Last edited:
That is a bummer and one of the reasons I suggested to AA that the QD on the computer be removable so that in a pinch it could be attached directly to a HP hose.

As poste

As posted above you can dive with it sans being connected. Just make sure you use a keeper on it and not just tuck into your pocket.

Would water getting into the HP port not hurt the air pressure portion of the computer?

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom