Sold! Atomic Aquatics Cobalt dive computer

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tracy

Tech Instructor / Charter Captain
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have two Atomic Aquatics dive computers.
One is new old stock, has never been dove. The other has a whopping 24 dives on it.
These are air integrated computer with the quick disconnect hose.
They come with the original box and manual. Charger and download adapter.
Both are in perfect condition and function as intended.
If you are wanting a nice bright, easy to read color display but don't have a Shearwater budget, these may be what you are looking for.
NOS $300
Used $250

Prices include shipping in contiguous US.

Attachments

• IMG_1215.JPEG
    IMG_1215.JPEG
    115.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1216.JPEG
    IMG_1216.JPEG
    116 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_1217.JPEG
    IMG_1217.JPEG
    91 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1218.JPEG
    IMG_1218.JPEG
    110.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1219.JPEG
    IMG_1219.JPEG
    117.8 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1220.JPEG
    IMG_1220.JPEG
    111.6 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1221.JPEG
    IMG_1221.JPEG
    114.9 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_1222.JPEG
    IMG_1222.JPEG
    118.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1223.JPEG
    IMG_1223.JPEG
    107.9 KB · Views: 121
Hi Tracy. Is this still available? I’m am just getting into ‘advanced diving’ so I’m starting to look at gear that won’t break the bank. Just a couple of qs: the box says it’s worth $995 and some quick searching returned several of this model over $1k. Why are both of these so much less expensive? Also, I’m curious how you found the battery life. My searching found comments like ‘40-50 hours of diving’. Thanks for your time!

Hi Tracy. Is this still available? I’m am just getting into ‘advanced diving’ so I’m starting to look at gear that won’t break the bank. Just a couple of qs: the box says it’s worth $995 and some quick searching returned several of this model over $1k. Why are both of these so much less expensive? Also, I’m curious how you found the battery life. My searching found comments like ‘40-50 hours of diving’. Thanks for your time!
Hi DiverNick226.

The two Cobalts shown in Tracy's ad are the original first version, and that's why they are less expensive than the second version released by Atomic, the Cobalt 2. I've owned both versions, and the Cobalt 2 is a lot more responsive than the original version.

I'm still diving my Cobalt 2 and its battery usually lasts for about 3 or 4 days of 3-tank dives.

Nonetheless, I recommend some caution about buying a Cobalt 1 for several reasons, even though Tracy's asking prices seem very reasonable.

First, the rechargeable battery in these units doesn't last forever, and is not user-serviceable. Atomic ceased production of the original Cobalts quite a few years ago, so a new one in the box probably has had its battery sitting dead flat for a long, long time. You might want to find out if there's a local shop near you that can obtain and install a new replacement battery (unless this is the kind of work you can do yourself).

Second, there was a recall on about 4200 original Cobalts, and the boxes in the photos that Tracy posted have serial numbers that were included in the recall. Here are the details:

This personal experience seems relevant: one day, my original Cobalt blew itself to bits right after I turned on my tank. Until then, it had provided years of good service. Atomic replaced it with a Cobalt 2, which has been fine.

Has the recall service been performed, and is there record of the service?
One of them is new in the box, I'm sure it has never been serviced. The other was used a few times, I have no idea about history of the unit, but I would doubt it was ever sent out.
These were inventory from a closing dive shop.
If it was a recall, they should still be eligible.

One of them is new in the box, I'm sure it has never been serviced. The other was used a few times, I have no idea about history of the unit, but I would doubt it was ever sent out.
These were inventory from a closing dive shop.
If it was a recall, they should still be eligible.
Atomic has discontinued the Cobalt series. Are they still repairing the recalled units?

Atomic has discontinued the Cobalt series. Are they still repairing the recalled units?
I honestly have no idea. Both of the units I have are functional, I never looked into it. They came from a dive shop buyout.

I just found these in the back of a closet. How about $150 for the new one and $100 for the one with 20 dives on it.
They still power on and work.
Any less than that and I will use them as a digital gauge for something. Or use the HP quick connect for something.

Reactions: JFS

Back
Top Bottom