NJ Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

irishdiver84

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a quarry in NJ that's around 100 feet deep. Are there any good ones? please let me know.

Would Dutch Springs work for your location? I know you specified NJ, but depending where you are coming from Dutch may be only a short trip into PA.

I don't of any quarries that deep in Jersey, have you tried Round Valley Reservior? It is in the State Park in Clinton, Hunterdon County. Not too much to see, but gets to 190'

I'd like to know as well if there's any other places in the NJ/PA area other than Dutch Springs and if any of them have visibility as good as dutch springs

dutch is probably the best you're gonna get with visibility.

mtamborra- Try Willow Springs, just west of Reading. It's visibility is as good as Dutch, if not better, and it's never as crowded. I got certified there and always enjoyed it.

mtamborra- Try Willow Springs, just west of Reading. It's visibility is as good as Dutch, if not better, and it's never as crowded. I got certified there and always enjoyed it.

Please tell me you're kidding?!?!?! I know a few people that dive Willow Springs and they tell me that the visibility there is as bad as or worse than Bainbridge?!?!?!

(not to mention that Willow Springs bottoms out at about 60 feet?!?!)

Dutch Springs has AWESOME visibility for a quarry! Even if the algae is in full bloom it's better than most places!

I don't know of any quarries in NJ that deep but what do you say you and I grab a couple of shovels and a hose and find a field somewhere and get to work?

I could use the exercise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom