NJ Divers: Sun July 6th to Tolten on the Gypsy Blood...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
That's deep for us, anything planned for a shallower depth? We are working up to that depth, we have logged over fifty dives since being certified OW last year, but nothing more than 70'.

That's deep for us, anything planned for a shallower depth? We are working up to that depth, we have logged over fifty dives since being certified OW last year, but nothing more than 70'.

There's not a whole lot where the whole wreck sits in 70' range around here, other than a few in-shore tugs and such. (You should have come out with us last week where we hit the Venturo tug at 75') But wrecks such as the Stolt, Algol, and others do have relief up to the 70-80ft range.

You do need to be AOW and have a pony, sling bottle or doubles to dive on most any NJ boat. Unless diving with an instructor. Check with your local NJ dive shop and ask about a "Discover NJ Wreck Diving" trip, which most shops around here run from time to time.

I think you need a dry suit too. My LDS has intro to wreck dives sometimes. I've always wanted to try but I just don't have the equipment.

We have just set up a couple of days at Dutch Springs to complete our AOW course. Once done we will look into hitting the offshore wrecks. My son (16) and I have been moving at a slow pace, while have over 70 dives we are just going for AOW. After a few offshore dives we will look at getting certified and begin entering wrecks. For now we would be happy getting to explore the outsides of the wrecks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom