NITROX Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5minmajor: Like many people have already said, the main thing about taking ANY course is the INSTRUCTOR. The PHYSICS of diving does not differ depending on which agency certifies you.

So by now the PADI folks had showed up, and their instructor was lecturing in the classroom so Tom grabbed a chair and moved me out into the store floor to take my test. It was a bit distracting to hear the lecture while I was trying to take the test, but I managed through it.

Unlike PADI, the TDI exam had maybe one or two questions that were almost word for word with the homework.

Funky: The point is you DID NOT take the PADI course.

In fact, you state that you were taking another course, writing a different exam, in a DIFFERENT ROOM while the PADI course was going on. Can you possibly make an OBJECTIVE comparison on THAT information?

Respectfully, NO.

~SubMariner~

Originally posted by SubMariner
Funky: The point is you DID NOT take the PADI course.

In fact, you state that you were taking another course, writing a different exam, in a DIFFERENT ROOM while the PADI course was going on. Can you possibly make an OBJECTIVE comparison on THAT information?

Actually, I was telling the story of the class I did take. I actually was _supposed_ to be in that PADI class. I wanted the TDI course, so he was going to have me sit in on the PADI lecture while doing the TDI homework and taking the TDI test, however it didn't work out that way as I ended up getting to the shop early enough to do the whole course independantly.

I wasn't "in another room", I was just outside the doorway to the room, so I heard the whole lecture while I was taking the test.

Now I'm going to take a guess that what actually set you off was the unclear statement I made. What I said was "Unlike PADI, the TDI exam". What I was intending to say was "Unlike the PADI exams I have taken in the past, the TDI exam". I apologize for the confusion.

I wasn't "in another room", I was just outside the doorway to the room, so I heard the whole lecture while I was taking the test.

Vs.

I did pick up on some of the PADI lecture, and there was a lot of "Set your computer to such and such, and you see such and such

IOW, YOU WERE NOT IN THE ROOM TAKING THE PADI COURSE!

You took a TDI course. Being within earshot of someone talking while you are obviously involved in doing something else is NOT the same as attending a course. For example: "Set your computer to such & such" is NOT a part of the PADI Enriched Air course.

Frankly, FM, I could care less which course you took. As has already been said, the physics of EANx do not change depending on which c-card you get.

It's great that you took the TDI course and felt you gained valuable knowledge from it. However, it's unfair to post a subjective & unsubstantiated "comparison" between the TDI and the PADI courses when you didn't even take the latter one.

~SubMariner~

Back
Top Bottom