nitrox stik

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Fred

The Nitrox Stick is fantastic to use and uses all the O2 in the tank vs. PPB so it more cost effective. I recomended it to a shop in FL and he is pumping between 20 and 30 thousand cuft nitrox a week during the busy season, all using the stick. It is so easy it allows you to sell more gas in less time. (that leaves more time to train students in Eanx classes).

Later
Dave

I saw one of these at Scubatech in Sneads Ferry, NC. They said they just set the computer control for the mix they want and the Autoblender does the rest. Having a computer to control and monitor the mixing is a time saver and takes out the guess work.
DSAO

Originally posted by Curious 1
Having a computer to control and monitor the mixing is a time saver and takes out the guess work.
You know I ran my compressor for 1.4 hrs last night to top up the EAN32 bank and I turned the O2 bottle on and walked away.... I came in here an putzed around on the computer posting to scuba board and other stuff. I did go out once and analyze the blend (right there at 32%) once and I did have to turn the O2 off because unlike Omar I haven't installed a solenoid in the line but that is fairly automatic afaic.

Just depends on what you want to spend you money on.... more tank for the bank or a *computer* to *control & monitor*....

A lot of the commercial stuff is waaaaay over priced and this stuff is really simple.... gotta add some mystery to it to charge big $$$$

Originally by Uncle Pug
Just depends on what you want to spend you money on.... more tank for the bank or a *computer* to *control & monitor*....

A lot of the commercial stuff is waaaaay over priced and this stuff is really simple.... gotta add some mystery to it to charge big $$$$
The Autoblender I saw was getting its O2 from a large liquid O2 cylinder and feeding Nitrox to a 20 CFM compressor attached to a bunch (15+) of storage cylinders in a dedicated Nitrox system. Given the large investment in equipment and the for profit business (not a garage) nature of this system, the computer control for ease of use, monitoring, and safety makes very good sense.
DSAO

Originally posted by Curious 1

The Autoblender I saw was getting its O2 from a large liquid O2 cylinder and feeding Nitrox to a 20 CFM compressor attached to a bunch (15+) of storage cylinders in a dedicated Nitrox system. Given the large investment in equipment and the for profit business (not a garage) nature of this system, the computer control for ease of use, monitoring, and safety makes very good sense.
DSAO
Just a matter of scale not complexity....
Actually using LOX is easier as you don't have to worry about the O2 tank running out while you're putzing around doing something else...
Nothing about a 20cfm compressor that needs a computer...
15+ cylinders is cool... the more the merrier... no computer...

The fact of the matter is that the process is very basic and simple...
Simple and basic enough that it can be done in a garage on a smaller not for profit scale...

The reason I bother to point this out is that even though my system is simple and basic it still cost a lot... and if I had added all the unnecessary dodads it would have been prohibitively expensive for a non-profit garage set up.

I do like the idea of LOX... and actually thought about doing that but I think I'll stick with juggling cylinders.

What does DSAO mean?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom