Nitrox is it Worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even if you don't plan to use Nitrox much its still good course to do just for the academic side.

Tassie_Rohan:
Even if you don't plan to use Nitrox much its still good course to do just for the academic side.

Gotta agree here. IMHO, it never hurts to learn all you can about all the aspects of this hobby.

i fully agree with ronfrank. if your not doing any diving where you get close to your NDL or not doing multiple dives a day it prob isn't worth it. otherwise it is great. for me also i get the added injoyment of a bit of dive planning aswell instead of just jumping into the drink and going off your computer(which you can really do wit nitrox anyway)..

Take the class. It will only help you be a better and more informed diver. On the other hand, Dives when using Nitrox are overall better, just stay within the limits of the mixture.

Hi guys, and dolls...Air is E.A.N.X 21% and should have a M.O.D. of 6m or 20ft. So should you want to dive deeper for longer a Nitrox or Advanced Nitrox is a must, I.M.H.O. but hey that's just my two fils worth...be safe out there.

thegoose:
Hi guys, and dolls...Air is E.A.N.X 21% and should have a M.O.D. of 6m or 20ft. So should you want to dive deeper for longer a Nitrox or Advanced Nitrox is a must, I.M.H.O. but hey that's just my two fils worth...be safe out there.

Hi and welcome to the board! Seems like you can learn a lot from it. :D

You're kidding, right?

I would recommend taking the class, I know I feel less fatigued afer diving Nitrox than I would with air.

From a theoretical stand point, within common recreational depths nitrogen doesn't do anything good for you. Why suck up any more of it than you need to?

From a practical stand point, the bang for the buck will depend on the dives that you do. Also since nitrox can be a useful tool, why not add it to your tool box?

thegoose:

Umm...

For a partial pressure of 1.4 the MOD for Air(EANx21) is 56.7m

For a partial pressure of 1.6 the MOD for Air(EANx21) is 66.2m

Dunno if its my english or what? but anyway, not here to teach those who will not learn, if you read my post I said the M.O.D. for Air should be 6m or 20 ft not the M.O.D is.....be safe out there.

Back
Top Bottom