Nitrox generator wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DJEdB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi
I am looking to get a nitrox generator for a new small liveaboard (10 divers) based in Indonesia. Anyone know of one for sale?

A Nitrox generator is sized to your compressor. What size compressor are you using?

Hi
The liveaboard is is for 9 customers plus 2 guides. Doing 3 to 4 dives per day means we are looking to fill about 40 tanks per day, that probably means something lime a coltri MCH16 or similar. We don't have the compressor yet, so if anyone has a complete package that would be great. I have a fair bit if experience with compressors but not nitrox generators so any advice from the comunity would be greatly appreciated.

It is really going to depend on how much room you have available for your system as well as how much power you have available. You can go with a separate compressor and Nitrox generator or go with it all installed in one housing.

Hi
I am looking to get a nitrox generator for a new small liveaboard (10 divers) based in Indonesia. Anyone know of one for sale?
are you talking about a DNX unit. or a continuous blending unit?

You can go with a self contained unit called the Voyager. It consists of the MCH16 compressor along with a low pressure compressor, air drier and Nitrox membrane system. It is probably the easiest system to use so there is very little training for your staff. Turn the switch one way for air and the other way for Nitrox.
voyager2_320.jpg

You can go with a self contained unit called the Voyager. It consists of the MCH16 compressor along with a low pressure compressor, air drier and Nitrox membrane system. It is probably the easiest system to use so there is very little training for your staff. Turn the switch one way for air and the other way for Nitrox.
View attachment 409105

What are the price ranges for this type of setup?

If your intention is to place the equipment in a machinery space, I would suggest you consider water cooling. Also if the equipment must fit existing, available space, a stand alone unit might not be practical. Bob Olsen (NitroBob) at Nitrox Solutions has years of experience designing and installing nitrox systems on liveaboards. Give him a call at (707) 292-2331. Have patience, as he is very busy and may be out of the country (USA) installing equipment.

Back
Top Bottom