Nitrox for shallow water artifact diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This makes sense when you think about it. DCS is bubble formation in tissue. If you don’t have a great enough pressure differential, bubbles will never form, No chance of DCS ever because gas will remain saturated in tissue/blood and will simply cycle through.
It should be "gas will remain dissolved in tissue/blood”, but otherwise spot on.

No, you don't need tables. But it helps a lot to know your NDL at some relevant depths. And those are most easily read from tables.
Why is that easier than looking at your computer to get the same information? If you are reading your NDL for a second dive, the computer's NDL will be more accurate, especially if your first dive was multi-level, as, in fact, all dives are to some degree.

Why is that easier than looking at your computer to get the same information?
It's easier for me because it takes me one glance, I have all the information neatly laid out in front of me and I don't have to fiddle with buttons.

As always, your (or anyone else's) MMV

I know of at least one non-technical diver who plans his dives, so you're wrong there.

Oh ****. I hate counter examples :D
And there seems to be more :humble:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom