Nitrox compatible tank modification?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As roakey said, since it's premix you don't need to do anything at all. You need to have the whole tank and valve O2 compatible and O2 cleaned in order to get nitrox with partial pressure filling, but with premix nothing special needs to be done.

Bnscherm:
I do not plan on keeping this tank o2 clean so I'm not going to worry about any of the simple green cleaning especially since it is coming straight from the manufacturer. But I should put on some o2 compatible tank neck and valve rings even though I only plan to use it with premix? or are you saying not to even bother with that? or is even this to complicated for me to do, and I should pay a lds $30 a tank to have it done?

For now I just plan on using the standard k-valve that will be coming with the tank.

don't forget the O2 compatible lube.

actually the one thing that might be worthwhile paying an LDS for is to VIP the inside of the tank before putting in the valve. $30 a tank is awfully expensive for someone to just shove a light in there and go "nope, no rust" for you though, when its very unlikely that a tank directly from the manufacturer would have any issues.

still, it'd suck on that one-in-a-million chance that the tank came with a crack (maybe a tank from the "failed hydro" batch managed to get misplaced in the "ship out" stack) and you put in the valves without checking it and it exploded on the first fill...

jonnythan:
As roakey said, since it's premix you don't need to do anything at all. You need to have the whole tank and valve O2 compatible and O2 cleaned in order to get nitrox with partial pressure filling, but with premix nothing special needs to be done.

OK, but I will still need to have a nitrox sticker on the tank so that is is clearly labeled, correct? Or do most dive shops not require this for premix fills? Thanks for all the good info so far.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom