Nitrox Certification Cost????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrjimboalaska

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
???? now that PADI does not require dives to get your Nitrox cert, should'nt the cost be going down? My LDS of choice is charging $150 Plus $65 for books, sounds steep for 3 hours of class time.....
Jimbo

the dives used to be extra, so the core charge won't change much

see if you can get the class combined with AOW... sometimes you can
get a discount

mrjimboalaska:
???? now that PADI does not require dives to get your Nitrox cert, should'nt the cost be going down? My LDS of choice is charging $150 Plus $65 for books, sounds steep for 3 hours of class time.....
Jimbo
Just take Adv Nitrox, thats only $500 ($450 if you combine it with Deco Procedures):wink: ...

lol

i got advanced nitrox bundled with deco procedures for $300

but price is going up, so it'll be $400 from now on ... that's about average
around here

besides, I know dreds wants my money, but with that black hole floating in the harbor, there is less to dole out........

H2, I might want a class in Nov......

We did the Nitrox course on a liveaboard and paid $200. That included the PADI course manual 2 EANx dives. The dives were a bit of a rip off, since you really aren't receiving any instruction but all in all we had a good time and are glad we did it that way.

'Slogger

???? My LDS of choice is charging $150 Plus $65 for books...
... heh, 'just like the Latter Day Saints to charge you extra for tithing... [joke, okay=]

well, you're lucky they've already removed the dive requirement...
some outfits are still making you do the dives (and charging the full charter)
diving with an instuctor the first couple times isn't really a bad thing, imho.

just remember to check your ean setting on your comp before the second dive...
(some watches/comps make you set it for each dive...
tho' i think your suunto keeps the setting from the first dive
[and that's okay if in fact your second tank tested the same])

=( on my second nitrox dive my console started screamin' like a weerjin...
my first thought was, "oh great, i'm about to go into ox tox freeze" =/
come to find out it defaulted to 99% after the first dive and thought i exceeded the mod, doh! =O

btw... i saw that chair too! in hanauma bay at 60ft =P
wicker1.JPG

mrjimboalaska:
Jimbo

I teach the ANDI CSU class, I get $275 per student plus materials.. I feel its a reasonable cost considering it takes about 12 hours of academics... I'll teach with at least 2 students..

WOW! I can get Nitrox class for $120.00. That includes materials. Guess I had better jump on that one!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom