NITROX and Tank Manufacturers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tedwhiteva

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyon have the most up to date info on tank manufacturers saying that tanks have to be O2 cleaned to use any gas over 21 % O2?

Moved to the tanks valves and bands forum.

pst says their tanks are 02 cleaned, when my lds got my 2 new e7's in though they o2 cleaned them anyway, saying that the valve wasn't clean...one of the guys i really trust down there said when you take off the valve there is a clear substance which loos a lot like silicon,

as he fdoes my nitrox fills most of the time, and they do partial pressure fills, i let them o2 clean them..

mossym:
pst says their tanks are 02 cleaned, when my lds got my 2 new e7's in though they o2 cleaned them anyway, saying that the valve wasn't clean...one of the guys i really trust down there said when you take off the valve there is a clear substance which loos a lot like silicon,

as he fdoes my nitrox fills most of the time, and they do partial pressure fills, i let them o2 clean them..

By O2 clened I assume you mean the high priced VIP each year, with the sticker showing cleaned for 100% O2?

How about scubatoys - will you put EAN32 in a luxifer tank now that says cleaned to 40% O2? Or does it have to have a 100% sticker?

most gear nowdays is good for up to 40% as long as it's not a partial pressure fill. my PST tanks are being filled with 32 and I haven't had them O2 cleaned since I bought them.

yeah if you aren't doing partial fills they are good to go straight away...

Just did a visual and O2 cleaned my PST 100's and valves this afternoon. Two good baths in Simple Green, a liberal dose of scalding hot water and a good flushing with Clean Air and they were good to go. They are four years old and looked brand new on the inside.

The LDS that normally fills my tanks from 32% bulk is down so the next closest shop does partial pressure fills. It took all of an hour to do both tanks.

Jim Baldwin:
Just did a visual and O2 cleaned my PST 100's and valves this afternoon. Two good baths in Simple Green, a liberal dose of scalding hot water and a good flushing with Clean Air and they were good to go. They are four years old and looked brand new on the inside.

The LDS that normally fills my tanks from 32% bulk is down so the next closest shop does partial pressure fills. It took all of an hour to do both tanks.

According to my LDS (and, I think, the sheet that came with my E-7 100), the valve is not O2 clean and is only good to 40%. I believe some parts need to be replaced for the valves to handle 100% O2. This might not be the case on older tanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom