Nitrox and orings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

those were the o-rings that came with the regulators btw. It was a machining error that hasn't been corrected yet. Deep6 noticed the error on their regs and swapped out the retainers. HOG hasn't
I've noticed this on at least one of my D1s.
Do you know offhand if there is a workable "oversize" o-ring fix?

I've noticed this on at least one of my D1s.
Do you know offhand if there is a workable "oversize" o-ring fix?

it's not an oversize o-ring that will fix it. I don't know if the retaining bolt is the same as the Deep6, I know the D3 is. Worth contacting Deep6 to see if it is and if you can fix it

it's not an oversize o-ring that will fix it. I don't know if the retaining bolt is the same as the Deep6, I know the D3 is. Worth contacting Deep6 to see if it is and if you can fix it
Thanks,
Hopefully, I'm going to do the service when the season ends and will try to address it then. I only have less than a year and 10 dives on them so I'll just hold off till then. Since I know it is an issue, I just try to be careful when uncapping/demounting.

@-JD- it doesn't require a service, it's a simple fix, but I don't know if the fix is applicable to HOG regs. Something you'll have to ask them directly. A year and 10 dives though, no need to service them at end of season

@-JD- it doesn't require a service, it's a simple fix, but I don't know if the fix is applicable to HOG regs. Something you'll have to ask them directly. A year and 10 dives though, no need to service them at end of season
Sorry, end of this season (i.e. winter.) Starting Rescue in a few weeks, then a bunch of specialties. Maybe a Keys trip too. By then, maybe worth taking a look, and a good time to get the service training that I planned for when selecting Hogs ...
I realize it is a simple swap (if there are available, compatible parts) and not a full teardown.
Thanks for the guidance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom