Nitrox 19cf pony tank needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

black1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all, can you all tell me a good reliable Nitrox compatable 19cf pony tank brand and were to buy it, also the best way to attach it, sling, to tank etc, etc. A link to were i can purchase it along with the sling/attachment, i live in South Florida, thanks all.

Any AL cylinder will work fine ... basically neutral so it does not change your weighting. If you do a search you will find lots of options for slinging it with either hard or soft mounts. I prefer soft mounts such as those made by Zeagle for attaching to another cylinder. As for purchasing it, you might consider some of the board sponsors who's logo show up at the top and sides.

Regarding the method of carrying a Pony Tank;

I am considering carrying an extra tank in order to match my wife's time underwater (it's a long story). I have recently taken advice from one of the local tech instructors; Because I will primarily be doing liveaboard with many RIB entries, he has recommended that the Pony tank is strapped to the Main tank using 2 CamBands. You will need to make some adjustments to your weight belt in order to balance the additional tank, but it makes the rig more stable and presents less risk of knocking your teeth out when you enter the water.

If you are doing shore entry, then this is of course less of a factor (except perhaps for wave/surf action).

I know this is half a solution, but I thought I'd share this part with you.

Regards

Richard

Unless your shop is doing partial pressure blending for Nitrox, there's nothing to distinguish a Nitrox tank from any other, except a sticker with an analysis of the contents. If they're doing partial pressure blending, the tank and valve will need to be O2 clean.

I am considering carrying an extra tank in order to match my wife's time underwater (it's a long story). I have recently taken advice from one of the local tech instructors; Because I will primarily be doing liveaboard with many RIB entries, he has recommended that the Pony tank is strapped to the Main tank using 2 CamBands.
Richard

IMO that is not the proper way operate.

but hijack aside call Mike at dive right in scuba for a deal on an aluminum 19 and all the other stuff. I'm sure you wont be able to beat his price based on his listed tank prices.

for a 19 I use the quickdraw pony bracket but I sling anything bigger.

IMO that is not the proper way operate.

Hi there NorthWoodsDiver,

Would you care to elaborate, I am really interested in hearing all sides on this. I have booked a "Discover Tech Diving" dive in order to have one on one with an instructor so that I can be comfortable with this arrangement before the liveraboard starts, giving me the option to trash the whole idea if I am not comfortable.

Your thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Best Regards

Richard

Hello all, can you all tell me a good reliable Nitrox compatable 19cf pony tank brand and were to buy it, also the best way to attach it, sling, to tank etc, etc. A link to were i can purchase it along with the sling/attachment, i live in South Florida, thanks all.

just dive. you do not need any more gear at this point.

Back
Top Bottom