Nitek Q Log vs Petrel 2 log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did not know that.... Thanks!

I say that, it's not entirely true. there IS software for them, but you have to use it on a windows XP computer, and even then the functionality is marginal at best. It's a struggle, but DR has basically abandoned that computer, especially with the move to the DiveCAN for the O2ptima

It is unlikely that it is related to MacDive. The computer displays max depth on the log screen that matches up with what was uploaded into MacDive, which doesn't match the actual dives.

It is unlikely that it is related to MacDive. The computer displays max depth on the log screen that matches up with what was uploaded into MacDive, which doesn't match the actual dives.

Bummer. I had an error on an android with some data discrepancies compared to the SW software. Let us know what you find!

...On another note, how many dives do you get out of your nitek before you have to charge?

I've not really pushed it, when I notice the battery indicator going down, I recharge it. I've gotten at least 10-12 hours on several occasions, they say it's good for about 15

Hmmm, maybe it is a battery issue. I had around 7 dives, but I generally dive in cold water (50ish).

Just to update. Charged the nitek up completely and watched closely on the next dive and it matched the petrel. Downloaded logs and they matched as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom