Nitek Q Log vs Petrel 2 log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RandomGuy1

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, so I purchased a Nitek to backup my petrel 2. Stuck it on my arm, verified that it matched up with my petrel at a few points through the first couple dives. Well, I finally decided to download the dives and compare the profiles in MacDive. It would appear that something is drastically wrong here. for example, my dive from today, the petrel shows a max depth of 60.3 feet while the nitek shows a max depth of 96.4 feet. The profile on the nitek looks nothing like what was actually dove. Since it is less than a month old I'll be calling DGX in the morning to see what they say if I should return it. Anyway, Just wanted to remind everyone to check their backups.
nitekq.pngPetrel2.png

I've been diving a Nitek Q backup to my VT3 for about 4 months, 72 dives. The logged dives on the Dive Rite have always matched the dives on the Oceanic perfectly.

Not only are the depth profiles for your 2 dives very different, so are the dive durations. Sorry, I don't want this to seem condescending, but are you comparing the same dive on the 2 computers?

Yes. Same start date and time, just cropped out of the screenshots.

Yes. Same start date and time, just cropped out of the screenshots.
That's crazy, let us know what you hear from DGX. I've had correspondence with DGX regarding questions about my Nitek Q, they've been very responsive. I've never heard a thing in attempts to communicate with Dive Rite about the computer

Very strange indeed. Not just on this one dive either. I spoke to DGX this morning and they had me email some screenshots and are opening a dialogue with Dive Rite. If it had been just this one dive I would have chalked it up to the battery going dead or something, but it is pretty much every dive.

Adding some screenshots of more dive profiles for comparison w/ date and time stamps at top.

Attachments

• IMG_0226.PNG
    IMG_0226.PNG
    156.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0227.PNG
    IMG_0227.PNG
    156.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0228.PNG
    IMG_0228.PNG
    158.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0229.PNG
    IMG_0229.PNG
    155.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0230.PNG
    IMG_0230.PNG
    147.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0231.PNG
    IMG_0231.PNG
    154 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0232.PNG
    IMG_0232.PNG
    152 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0233.PNG
    IMG_0233.PNG
    156 KB · Views: 36
Thats the thing. Since this is my backup, I glanced at it once or twice on the first two dives and then pretty much forgot that it existed so I don't really know. I'll be diving Thursday night and if I haven't sent it back or done something else with it by then I will be monitoring very closely. On another note, how many dives do you get out of your nitek before you have to charge?

Have you tried pulling the logs down in the OEM software for each and comparing them there? This could be a problem with MACDive (I have never used it). I tried an android version for SW and found issues when compared to the OEM software.

something is wonky with the depth sensor. unlikely to be the battery due to it being rechargeable, but could very well be a lead connecting to the depth sensor, or the sensor itself. DGX will hopefully take it back and I'm sure DR will make good with it

@packrat12 no OEM software from Dive Rite... Biggest failing in that computer, they promised it, and couldn't deliver it...

Back
Top Bottom