Ningaloo - shrimpfest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You just import the picture on your own computer the EXIF infos come in the same package.
Then many simple freewares are able to extract them ( Xnview for ex.)
Ah, thanks...that sounds like way too much work to me LOL

Your "shrimp collection" is fantastic !
Thank you!

:10:

!
Hehehe - I didn't know anyone actually looked at EXIF, I don't even know how to do it with images on the web!
quote]

I downloaded this Opanda.com - Professional Photography Software (DigitalFilm, PowerExif, IExif, PhotoFilter)

Once you have installed it all you have to do is right click on an image in a post and one of the options is to View Exif. No downloading necessary ! That is provided the poster has included EXIF data.

Another one I haven't tried is PhotoME - Exif, IPTC & ICC Metadata Editor

Re the ISO 200 - I thought perhaps I was missing out on a professional trick or something ! :D

I have also forgotten to change ISO on my E-3 - something which wasn't an option on my 7070. In fact sometimes I forget that I now actually have that option.

Thanks, Andy...not to hijack my own thread, but why look at the EXIF data? It's really only useful if you're in the same conditions more or less.

And changing the ISO is another tool to use when you want to achieve a certain look. I couldn't have used the settings I did if I had a different ISO chosen. Yesterday again I bumped my ISO up because I wanted the ambient light to appear a certain way. We're always saying use the lowest ISO you can, and this is good advice, but it's not written in stone - especially with cameras like the 40D. They've opened up a whole range of working ISOs that provide stunning files.

The only reason I use the tool is to see what cameras and lenses people are using. Prevents the "what camera and settings" question I sometimes ask.

I look forward to being able to use higher ISO's - there are some wreck pics begging to be taken over here, impossible at ISO 100 !!

Hehee, see, I really am lazy - I just ask :D

I can definitely see where higher ISOs will come in handy for your wrecks - looking forward to seeing some shots! You'll need to experiment with your cameras to see what ISOs you can use and still get images you are happy with...it varies a lot with scene and camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom