Ningaloo - finally underwater again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Finally got to go for a dive today! It's my first all month :11: I did get out with the whale sharks earlier this month, but decided not to do the dive on the reef those days.

We hit a favourite spot today and it was rocking with activity. Just got home so haven't had time to go through things - just thought I'd pop up an image to get started.

The olive sea snakes were pretty abundant today but none wanted to hold still (what a surprise!). I saw this one approaching and took this one single frame before he was on his merry way. I could have followed him, he wasn't scooting along that fast, but he was on a mission and I wanted to go the other direction :wink:

oliveV.jpg

Canon 20D, Canon 60mm macro, Subal housing/port, Inon strobes

I'll try to add more soon!

And a new fish - one I've never taken any notice of before:

Yellowtailed damsel - juvenile
yellowtaildamsel_juvH.jpg

yellowtaildamsel_juvV.jpg

Canon 20D, Canon 60mm macro, Subal housing/port, Inon strobes

Lisa - you're the second person that's said that LOL I promise he was underwater :)

Ron - Thanks! Yes, they are extremely poisonous...the olives may be the most poisonous, I can never remember! But I love 'em. Often have one wrapped around me on a dive. My favourite is when one wraps around my arm and bumps his nose on my wrist (which is holding the housing) like he wants me to share the viewfinder! :11: It's a little disconcerting at first :eyebrow:

Kristen, If I ever need someone to cover my back or my front in a fight, I vote for you. This statement should be listed as the understatement of the year. :rofl3:
A little disconcerting? I would probably suck down a full tank in one breath, all the while screaming like a girl. Not that there is anything wrong with that. :D He can have the housing and the camera.

>Yes, they are extremely poisonous...the olives may be the most poisonous, I can never remember! But I love 'em. Often have one wrapped around me on a dive. My favourite is when one wraps around my arm and bumps his nose on my wrist (which is holding the housing) like he wants me to share the viewfinder! It's a little disconcerting at first <

Just got home so haven't had time to go through things - just thought I'd pop up an image to get started.
You posted this only an hour and half after we got back, some of us washed our gear and had lunch before we looked at our shots.

The olive sea snakes were pretty abundant today but none wanted to hold still (what a surprise!). I saw this one approaching and took this one single frame before he was on his merry way. I could have followed him, he wasn't scooting along that fast, but he was on a mission and I wanted to go the other direction
03.gif
Nice shot! They certainly were active today, I had one get amorous with my left leg for while.

Gudge:
I had one get amorous with my left leg for while.

So, like a lot of dangerous creatures, they sound rather tame if you don't threaten them? The more I hear about your reefs, the more it sounds like just a wonderful place to be.

LOL - AggieDad :wink: I'll protect you!

Ron - pretty much a good rule of thumb anywhere, I think. Just leave stuff alone! C'mon down, the water's fine (a little chilly for my polartec, but I'm tough :rofl: )

What would a dive be without a nudi or two...here's one to get started:
rubropapulosa_colour.jpg

Canon 20D, 60mm macro, Subal housing/port, Inon strobes

This lionfish was under a ledge between two big bommies so he was swaying back and forth in the current...I never did get the shot I wanted though I got a couple that are OK. This one is one of his flybys as he drifted past me while I was looking at something else...
lionflyby.jpg

Canon 20D, 60mm macro, Subal housing/port, Inon strobes

YIKES!!! Poisonus Snakes that wrap themselves around you as you swim???????????
Are you nuts????? Great pictures, I love your talent.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom