Ningaloo - a very Good Friday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
The conditions were glorious yesterday! Flat seas, no swell, blue skies, hot temperatures, amazing reef activity and almost no current or surge! We got in two 75+ minute dives and wish we could have stayed longer :D

Got swamped with work when I got back to land so haven't had much time for photos, but here's two to start things off:

A little porcelain crab with eggs - no, we didn't see the eggs until we got back to the computers!
crabeggs1.jpg

A juvenile yellow boxfish. This guy was being chased around by a larger, older yellow boxfish and it was hilarious to watch him spinning around and about trying to keep an eye on the big guy!
boxH1.jpg

Canon 40D, Canon 100mm macro, Woody, Subal housing & port, Inon strobes
Dive site: Razor's - 13.6m; Lighthouse Bay, Exmouth, Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia

Great porcelain crab picture! Those elegant anemones make such a great backdrop for photographs.

You're making me yearn for warm water . . .

Lovely. I'm jealous.

Love the crab! And those little boxfish are soooo cute!

that crab pic is amazing!

i was only watching a doco on christmas island crabs today and realized thats how they store their eggs!

i hope you are planning on submitting that pic to magazine as its stunning

Kristin:

Gorgeous stuff. Like everyone above I really liked the crab with eggs. Thanks for sharing.

Doug

More good stuff Kristin!! You don't often see that sabertooth blenny with his dorsal fin erect. Great capture!!

++Ken++

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom