Nikon Z7 Photos from Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just resize the images to 1920 x 1080 or so, plenty big enough to appreciate properly on a decent size screen. And save for web and set size around 700K- 1 MB range depending on the image.

Just resize the images to 1920 x 1080 or so, plenty big enough to appreciate properly on a decent size screen. And save for web and set size around 700K- 1 MB range depending on the image.

Now to work out how to do that...:)

smugmug perhaps?
I have been using smugmug for more than 10 years and I really like it. No ads. No spam. True, you do have to pay for it but they offer four levels of service, so there is something to suit almost everybody's needs. I think that to be able to post .tif images you have to use their top of the line "Pro" membership.

I used to use Flickr for sharing my good photos. Photobucket for sharing screenshots/random garbage. Unfortunately, when flickr was bought by smugmug they instituted a 1000 photo per account limit. I haven't yet picked a replacement service. Flickr doesn't limit quality/size of the photos to my knowledge.. at least they've been happy with my 24Mp images.

For a long time I maintained my own webserver at home for photo sharing. I gave up on it last year but it's probably time to bring it back. Only downside is the DNS fees each year.

Quite like your pictures. Some a lot.
Curious about instagram and all the hashtags:
I am not on instagram yet and haven't figured out the reason why I should be yet either. So I am open for wisdom on that.
And then on the large quantity of hashtags: If I were to post on instagram and were to asign a large number of hashtags to a picture, what would / could that do for me / my posts as opposed to adding no or one to 3 hashtags ... (just to pick a number)? For one posted picture? Cumulatively over many posted pictures?

If you're sharing photos on scubaboard, you can just cut/paste them right into posts. However, the default is for SB to post full size rather than thumbnails with links... I always change it to thumbnail. Scubaboard also has a "photo gallery" you can use. Media | ScubaBoard

The hashtags just mean they show up in other feeds so that they reach more people who follow those hashtags.

What editing program do you use? It's pretty basic in photoshop it's edit -> image size then make sure dimensions are in pixels and type in the size you want on the long axis and click OK. Give it a light sharpen and you can save for web as a jpeg. There is a slider for quality you can use to change image size. The names of these commands differ with different programs.

You do not need to save tifs on the web the size is way too big and slows things down a lot. All that matters for web display is pixel dimensions and 1920 pixels on your horizontal axis is more than enough to show the quality and load reasonably fast and fits nicely on most screens without the program needing to resize it to fit.

beut, thanks chris. i'll mess around with it this weekend. i mainly use photoscape x and adobe.

DSC_4891.jpg
1.jpg
DSC_1537.JPG
DSC_1874.JPG
DSC_3624.jpg
DSC_3654.jpg
DSC_3712.jpg
DSC_4462.jpg
DSC_4588.jpg
DSC_4733.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back