Nikon Z7 Photos from Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ministryofgiraffes

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
First time using underwater rig. Someone asked me to post photos when i get back. i've never used an underwater camera rig/edited underwater stills before, but i was generally happy with the photos for a first go. Pls follow me on instagram if you like them, taking it for a run out in cayman in may and bonaire for august..

Ian Kay on Instagram: “Arrow Crab in Azure sponge. These little guys are a personal favourite..full of character! Thanks to Belize Pro Dive for the ride! Belize…”

Ian Kay on Instagram: “Longspine Squirrelfish : Thanks to Belize Pro Dive for the ride! Belize Pro Dive Center #belizeprodivecenter #uwphotography…”
Ian Kay on Instagram: “Thanks to Belize Pro Dive for the ride! Belize Pro Dive Center #belizeprodivecenter #uwphotography #underwaterphotography #scubadiving…”
Ian Kay on Instagram: “Goldentail Moray Thanks to Belize Pro Dive for the ride! Belize Pro Dive Center #belizeprodivecenter #uwphotography #underwaterphotography…”
Ian Kay on Instagram: “Callyspongia plicifera : Azure vase sponge 103ft down. Thanks to Belize Pro Dive for the ride! Belize Pro Dive Center #belizeprodivecenter…”
Ian Kay on Instagram: “Isn’t it time you got in the pool for some fun with Dimas/Brandon and the guys from Belize Pro Dive? Thanks again guys. It’s always a riot…”
Ian Kay on Instagram: “Old man and the Sea. Beautiful Loggerhead turtle. Thanks to Belize Pro Dive for the ride! Belize Pro Dive Center #belizeprodivecenter…”
Ian Kay on Instagram: “It’s all in the eyes.. Thanks to Belize Pro Dive for the ride! Belize Pro Dive Center #belizeprodivecenter #uwphotography…”
Ian Kay on Instagram: “Juvenile spotted drum. Named because the adults make a low resonance drum noise. They are also the only fish in the ocean to have…”
Ian Kay on Instagram: “Tiny coral life. Thanks to Belize Pro Dive for the ride! Belize Pro Dive Center #belizeprodivecenter #uwphotography #underwaterphotography…”
Ian Kay on Instagram: “I never get bored of meeting these aliens. Magnificent! Thanks to Belize Pro Dive for the ride! Belize Pro Dive Center #belizeprodivecenter…”
Ian Kay on Instagram: “Sharkskin. Millions of years in the making. Evolution perfected. Thanks to Belize Pro Dive for the ride! Belize Pro Dive Center…”
Ian Kay on Instagram: “Beautiful on the outside, delicious on the inside, Sea Urchins Thanks to Belize Pro Dive for the ride! Belize Pro Dive Center…”
Ian Kay on Instagram: “I Love Waiting for the @belizeprodivecenter diveboat pickup in the morning..Thanks to Belize Pro Dive for the ride! Belize Pro Dive Center…”
Ian Kay on Instagram: “Love the sponges...Thanks to Belize Pro Dive for the ride! Belize Pro Dive Center #belizeprodivecenter #uwphotography…”
Ian Kay on Instagram: “I’ve been diving with a lot of guys in a lot of oceans, but this dude is the King. Dimas, Love ya man. You make every trip a winner! Thanks…”
Ian Kay on Instagram: “Leopard Flatworm. Rarely seen, always appreciated. What a little beauty! Thanks to Belize Pro Dive for the ride! Belize Pro Dive Center…”
Ian Kay on Instagram: “I love getting up close with sharks. It’s like swimming with Dragon’s Tails. Thanks to Belize Pro Dive for the ride! @belizeprodivecenter…”
Ian Kay on Instagram: “Messing with the Z7. Auto/no strobes 45ft deep. -flamingo tongue. People often make the mistake of thinking the pattern is the shell, it’s…”

So many hashtags!

Do you have an account where you can post a higher res version of a couple of these? IG slaughters them so it's impossible to get a sense of what a 45 mp image looks like.

So many hashtags!

Do you have an account where you can post a higher res version of a couple of these? IG slaughters them so it's impossible to get a sense of what a 45 mp image looks like.

open to suggestion on how to do this, i'm afraid i'm a newbie to posting photos, so i'm not sure how to get the 'circa' 181+mb files uploaded to anything...

open to suggestion on how to do this, i'm afraid i'm a newbie to posting photos, so i'm not sure how to get the 'circa' 181+mb files uploaded to anything...

Hahaha... Ya the camera guys always neglect to mention that you're going to need to put a mainframe in to process your images!

I think Flickr is pretty good. They're owned by Smugmug now...

and in flickr apparently :( ill have to mess around with them a bit i guess....until then, just drink 8 beers and then look a them in instagram :)

hmmmm...struggling with .tiff flies in smugmug..

.tiffs are lovely but unnecessary unless you're going to print something. If you haven't compressed them, they're going to be monsters. Save them as jpgs and they'll be much smaller, and look the same on screen.

When I do print publications (I publish a calendar and some stuff) and I use tiffs so that I have the most data when I convert to CMYK

and in flickr apparently :( ill have to mess around with them a bit i guess....until then, just drink 8 beers and then look a them in instagram :)

I already have... Maybe that's the problem! ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom