Nikon AW130

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i2iSTUDIOS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
The new Nikon AW130 is waterproof down to 100 feet without a housing. I am considering this over my current Olympus TG-3 which is only good to 50 feet. Any thoughts on a basic point and shoot like the Nikon?

(I'm taking my first diving class in 25 days, so please bare with my dumb questions.)

If it turns out to be everything that's advertised, I'll be buying one. I see it as a camera to tuck into my BCD to have on every dive. Won't replace a good camera in a housing when you want to do a "photo dive", but for those times when I don't want to hassle with housings and strobes and the like, I can see the AW130 being just the thing. My only concern is that it be more water tight than the Nikon AW1 which I have been reading flooding stories about.

interested in reviews

Bought one today will try it out in Sulawesi next week and let you know how it functions. Looks absolutely brilliant.

Used the AW130 on my last trip to Perth WA in April, only a novice with a camera but still managed to get some good pics.

Had no problems with depths of 24m. Fitted it to a retractable lanyard hanging of my left shoulder D ring, easy to grab and shot with one hand. I did buy a silicone skin and toughened glass cover for the rear viewer just to save it from bumps and scratches.

All in all great little camera both above and below the waves. Now back in the UK I will be taking it for its first cold water test on the weekend

I have had a chance to use this for couple of days. Amazingly good pictures. It's worth it's price

I bought one of these as an easy little pocket camera for when I didn't want to lug the big Canon box around. It lasted 10 dives before the side latch popped open at 20m and flooded :(

It was decent before that though - as a point and shoot. The underwater setting wasn't great - everything had to be colour corrected quite dramatically. The battery life was pretty dismal also. Two dives max before it needed to be charged (compared to my old Canon g15 which can go at least 5). If the warranty won't cover this one, I wouldn't buy it again.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom