Niihau in June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neonistic

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going on the Niihau dive with Bubbles Below (they are the only ones that dive there on Saturday.) I am a fairly competent diver but I have only done 3? boat dives. Is there anything I should know about this particular trip that I can't read in the boat diver specialty book? Do I need to bring extra stuff like food and drink? Is there any gear that I should bring or leave behind? I get cold diving here in Hilo. Do I need to bring my 5mm or is my 2/3mm with vest and hood enough? I am bringing my gear rather than renting. I am on a really tight budget.

It will be worth it Niihau has been one of my favorite dives to date. Saw all kinds of fish, turtles, seals, a few reef sharks, and a pretty big Galapagos shark followed us for two dives.

Bubbles below is great. You will get an education on the ocean and all the creatures you encounter. They feed you pretty well you should be fine as far as food and drinks go.

Only problem is the boat is a little small, so the ride is rough. Not a big deal for me, but it might be for you.

I dove a 2-3mm shorty and was fine, but im pretty tollerant. My wife was ok in a full 3.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom