Night dives in Nusa Lembongan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krazymad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'll briefly be stopping by Lembongan for 2 days on my way from Gili to Bali. Wanted to get in some night diving, but was advised by one of the shops that the night diving sites (the ones with no current) are rather boring.

Has anyone dove Lembongan at night? What was your experience?

We personally have not heard anything of night dives in Lembongan but if you might think about Bali, Padang Bai is the right place for a couple of night dives.

With respect and appreciation,
Julian

That makes sence. The dive shops on lembongan are situated along a beach fringed by shallow waters and a large and shallow reef. Due to a 3 meter difference between high and low tide, and often heavy waves, it would be quite a challenge to maneuver a boat in and out in the night time. I won't say it can't be done, but I belive most dive shops would make a pass on such business. The risk for material damage and injury is to high.

Don't forget about Padang Bai in Bali, if you get the chance @krazymad

Example, we have 3 divers today for the night dive there and it's just amazing what you can see. Only today in one dive we saw crocodile fish, 5 leaf scorpionfish in one spot, devil scorpionfish, turtle, porcelain crab, ribbon eel, octopus.

Just think about the Spanish dancer or the cat shark during the night haha!

Great tip about padang bai!I've actually dove there on two separate trips, always have really interesting dives there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom