Night dive at Haigh July 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The night dive was amazing. Thanks Quinn for leading and everybody else for sticking with me for my first night dive ever. I was surprised on how aggressive the bass were. Those are some predatory fish, opportunistic fish also. If they saw something in the light, that was dinner and there was nothing the other fish could do about it. I felt a bit guilty and tried to keep my light off the little ones if I could.

I was a little freaked when the big large mouth bass would swim past my face very closely. They were just following us along waiting for a chance to strike. Not freaked in a bad way but definetly taken aback for a minute when it happened.

I was also amazed at how calm I was. It was so surreal diving in the dark. If I ever thought that I was claustrophobic, that dive would have let me know quickly. We entered the water just before full dark but as soon as we descended, it was full on black water. We entered the abyss. We went down on the platform the followed the side of the road until we got to the drill which is were we started to get surrounded by the fish. It was so neat to see. We kept going along until we found another platform then followed the line to the rock crusher. After playing around a bit, we started to swim along then we found the buoyancy course. Then we went over the road to the archeological park and swam along the wall on the opposite side of the quarry. We stayed about about 25 - 30 feet and it was a little weird to have no point of reference to know where the bottom of the quarry was. After a while we turned around then headed back. After a swim along the road in we surfaced. The dive was about 45 minutes long.

Viz is never 100 feet in the quarry but it is so strange to have no viz other than what is in the view of your light.

All I can say is that I can't wait until the next night dive as that was fabulous. It was probably one of the best dives I have ever done in the quarry. I think that I have some of the best dive buddies that a girl could ask for. As usual, it was an amazing dive and thanks again. Total dives for the day was three and we had a great time all the way around. Even if I left everybody in the lurch and did not bring any food to share. Next time, man, Next time. I will bring something. I promise.

Once again a good time was had by all! Thanks everyone.

How would you know? You missed it!. But we can do another again once i get back from Florida. In my new (used) dry suit!!!!

hey..did you see me dive report on the July 5th thread? I am trying to be like you!! :wink:

That would be impossible for you to be like me. But imitation is the highest form of flattery so thank you. But what is this about you solo diving all over the quarry and not running into a soul on the dive? was the place dead as doornails or what? I was relaxing in my pool in the am and then having dinner with my family at my brother's place.

When I get back from FLL, you up for a dive on Saturday or Sunday (the 18th or 19th)?

That would be impossible for you to be like me. But imitation is the highest form of flattery so thank you. But what is this about you solo diving all over the quarry and not running into a soul on the dive? was the place dead as doornails or what? I was relaxing in my pool in the am and then having dinner with my family at my brother's place.

When I get back from FLL, you up for a dive on Saturday or Sunday (the 18th or 19th)?

Would love to, however...kind of have plans...BIG plans that weekend. :blinking:

oh yes, I forgot. way more important plans than diving with little ol' me. Thats ok, we can always get together another day. And even later in the season now that I am going dry. yippee!

I got a CLX450 that is perfectly sized for me. The girl who previuoly owned it was the same size and build as me (almost) but a few inches shorter. The suit is 99% perfect for me and I am as giddy as a schhol girl about it.

I will pick it up next week when I get back from Florida. I will be putting a dive together so I can test drive it. I'll make sure to pm you about it.
Posted via Mobile Device

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom