Trip Report Nice to be back CZM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Mostly as a holder for our return from 22 days on the island. Will be longest stint from whenever...

So far...4 dives all of which were memorable. Temps 81-2. Conditions a bit choppy on top, pleasant at depth. Love Steel 120's!

Food at the Occ is surprising very good so far. More than acceptable!

Went into town to dine with some friends at Koona Laab and it was phenomenal as always.

Nice to be back on the island.

Hope you have a great time. I take it you're at an all-inclusive. Out of curiosity for those with non-diving spouses and/or kids, you might notice if it caters to those types of people.

Richard.

Plenty of families at the Grand Occidental...we move into town on the 23rd till the 6th

Have a great trip- hopefully you get some good eagle rays and no windy days!

4 dives last 2 days. Saw an spotted eagle ray, turtles. Small nudi stuff, sharks, worms, crabs, lobster...

Life sux :wink:

Back from our longest stay on the island to date. A whopping 22 days. Spent the first 9 nights at the Grand Occidental (GO), then moved into town at the Quinta Suites. I've been coming to the island since 1984, so this report wont be detailed like Trailboss and a few others that have way more time and patience than I:)

We had a private DM for the entire stay and the wife and I logged 22 dives each.

The GO is always a pleasant stay. The food was always good, but this trip it was actually very good! I like the short rides to the dive sites which also allows me to sleep in bit longer than getting picked up at the pier in town!

The QS is the bottom of the hotel food chain for me, but I would definitely stay there again in the future. Cant beat the location for being in town. Being in town allows us to frequent the various restaurants we like to dine at in town. Like,

Dec 14-23rd(except for the 17th) at the GO restaurants.
Dec 17th K'ooben Laab- awesome home made pasta
12/22 Cerveceria Punta Sur-love the empanadas!
12/23 El Foco--a NEW to me favorite!
12/24 Los Tacotales- a favorite
12/25 La Choza---rained for 24 hours non stop!
12/26 Williams- Great little local restaurant
12/27New Especial! -awesome Italian
12/28 Casa Cozumil-
12/30? cant remember- Possibly Tequila only
12/31 Cielito Grill- Just OK
1/1 back to El Foco!
1/2 ??
1/3 take out eating under the QS Palapa with friends from SB!
1/4 Leftovers:)
1/5 El Mero Mero-Nice local eatery

I took over 600 pictures of which I'll add to the 1000's I already have.

Let me try to upload some pix as we saw the usual and the elusive Seahorse!

i can't wait until next weekend. I love Coz.

pix one..snoozing.
GOPR0640.jpg

GOPR0022.JPG

Back
Top Bottom